Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Text block in a container padding problem

Hey, I'm quite new to Webflow so apologies if this is a simple issue!

I'm having a problem with a H1 text block inside a container which doesn't want to seem to fill the container 100% in width despite not having any padding or margins on either the container or the text block.

You can see the gap on the left of the text and the container area above.

It works if you make the H1 text absolute but this throws out how it works responsively.

I've also done it this exact same way else where on the site and it works perfectly, so I'm not sure why it's not working here. I'm not sure if I've missed something.

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/mw-design?preview=c747e441aaa17b5eaafb61f773f7898f

Thank you!

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

Hello @MartinWhitt
Welcome to Webflow community! :smile:

Could you please update your post with a read-only link so that we can help you faster?
How to Share a Read-Only link to my site: http://help.webflow.com/faq/how-do-i-share-my-sites-read-only-link

Thanks in advance! :smile:

Regards,
Anna

Thanks for the tip, I've added the link :smile:

Well, you probably forgot that your text block (or heading) sits inside the column

Plus you broke text on 3 lines, so it is physically can't take all 100% width of column even.

Hope I was able to explain.

Cheers,
Anna

Hi, Thanks for coming back to me. I'm not sure I explained myself very well!

Basically I just want to get rid of this gap and have the H1 text flush with the Header Content box on the left hand side

Owww well, it is 10px padding from column default settings. For remove it you will have to give column some class and make padding 0px

Cheers,
Anna

Ahhh, awesome. Worked like a charm! Thank you :smile:

Always welcome :smile: Glad I could help

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.