Text flow through two columns - Chrome vs Firefox

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/explore-romania?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=explore-romania&preview=bcac7b3a90bfc93adfd53c8cb1bdf2b3&pageId=5d52e5e0076d2b1a9c886f94&mode=preview

Hi all,

I’m about to deliver a website based on a template page with text that flows through two columns.

In Chrome it works fine, but in Firefox the text is displayed as one column only. Have you ever had this issue and solved it?

Many thanks for sharing your experience!

M

Hi @unksup,

It looks like Firefox does not have support for the inline text wrap.

Some of your settings have to change. Refer to this Bug thread I found just by doing a little search.

Happy Designing,
Brandon

I would start with changing the element from a heading to a paragraph with 2 columns. Columns are supported in Firefox.

Hi Brandon, thanks for your help!

I randomly tried options around the Column options in Webflow Style panel and it seems like selecting “Breaking spaces” solves my problem. I’ve searched online to learn about what these “Breaking” options do but haven’t found anything.

M

Hi webdev, thanks for your contribution. I randomly tried options around the Column options in Webflow Style panel and it seems like selecting “Breaking spaces” solves my problem. I’ve searched online to learn about what these “Breaking” options do but haven’t found anything.

I should have explained that I have no CSS skills — appreciate the link you sent me but I can’t read in CSS.

Thanks again!

M

“Column” options area in Webflow Style panel > “Breaking spaces” solves the issue.