Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Text Sizes are Incorrect on Mobile

Hello!

I am having a problem where the font sizes that I am setting in the designer are not translating to my published site on mobile.

Example:

This craziness is happening on a Galaxy A50, however on my Oppo A3 the font sizes are working normally.

Example:

I do find it odd that the text size in general looks so different between the two phones (despite the phones being similar sizes). The Galaxy A50 screenshots are from chrome, and the Oppo A3 are from Browser (generic, came with the phone). I did check the Oppo A3 with chrome as well but there weren’t any issues.

I have absolutely no idea what the problem could be for the crazy text sizes, both the ‘contact us’ and ‘operating hours’ are even the same class :frowning:
Please help!

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Here is my published site link: rekindletherapy.webflow.io

Hi @naomiloy, thanks for the post, I checked on the published site on the contact page and the fonts are rendering as set in the designer:

It could be the A50 is not rendering the font as expected, font support is not universal for all devices.

From what I can tell there is no issue in the publishing, just how the A50 is rendering the site page.

The Samsung Galaxy A50 specifications include a 6.4-inch AMOLED display with 1080 x 2340 pixels resolution, The Oppo 3 phone screen has a resolution of 1080 x 2280 so the screenresolution for those two devices are not the same and on the Galaxy A50 the larger pixel resolution may render the fonts bigger.

Using viewport sized typography may be a better solution where you are trying to resize fonts based on available viewport size: https://css-tricks.com/viewport-sized-typography/

Thanks for the quick reply! Darn that’s unfortunate then… especially since the A50 is the phone of the business owner I’m doing the site for :confused:

Thanks for all the information regarding why the text appears differently though! The viewport resizing sounds really promising, I might try to implement it once I get other stuff out of the way :smiley: Thanks again for all the help!