The designer’s stability seems to have been going downhill for some time now. I remember when I first started using Webflow years ago there was never an issue, but unfortunately now days things are so bad, so much of the time that I often have to give up working in Webflow all together. It becomes incredibly laggy and slow to respond.
I can’t pinpoint exactly what causes this, but it seems to be any time that any of the following factors are present in a site:
- I’m trying to edit a CMS item or collection when there are a large number of CMS items or collections on the site.
- I’m trying to edit a page that has a large number of CMS items on it.
- I’m trying to edit a page that has more than about 5 images on it.
- I work too fast and end up clicking things faster than the designer can handle, then it throws a wobbly.
- And fairly often, for no particular reason at all.
Quite frankly I’m at my wit’s end. I’ve followed all the regular advice like clearly the cache, trying with all extensions disabled etc, but the underlying problem still hasn’t been addressed. I’ve been putting up with this for at least 1 year that I can remember. This topic comes up frequently and is a major problem for many people. Yet it hasn’t been addressed formally by Webflow (correct me if I’m wrong, but I can’t find anything).
Things have gotten so bad that I can no longer recommend building and serious websites in Webflow - it’s just too buggy. Simple landing pages sure, but anything beyond that has become a nightmare to work on. This makes me sad as I had been a huge Webflow proponent and have brought partners and clients to the platform since I joined.
I’m pretty sure this isn’t related to PC performance either, I’m running Google Chrome on Windows 10 with an i7-3930K, 32Gb of memory and a GTX 1070.
Webflow, can you please do something? I want to keep using Webflow but this is making it almost impossible.