Tooltips and modules still coming?

Is there any news on modules and tooltips coming as the front page states?
Cheers love the work webflow team :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Haha good catch, I’ve never really read the home :smiley: Where is that modal? :smile:

Ah the time when the gear looked like a Sheriff star…

1 Like

Very good find :smile:
I’m waiting for it as well. Especially modals. I’m faking/recreating modal kind of elements almost every day by using hidden div blocks which are shown by interactions. While it works, it’s really a pain in the ass to create 10 or 20 modals for a website. :astonished:

2 Likes

I hope you don’t build each one seperately if it’s for the same website… There are ways to limit interactions actions by using the “limit to siblings” and “limit to nested” options when “affecting another element”.

And if you plan things ahead, build yourself a solid, refined popup system, make a symbol out of it, drag it where you want and unlink the symbol after drag, surcharge the classes that need to be changed and add content…

Does this make sense to you?

1 Like

Kind of makes sense.

Currently I do this:

1. Create a section, name it “Popup ABC”
  2. Create a div block called “modal block”, this is my main popup content block
  3. Insert content.
  4. Create an overall interaction “Hide popup” set on the “Popup ABC” section.
  5. Then create a link, give it an interaction “Open popup ABC”
  6. Inside the popup, give the close popup button another interaction “Close popup ABC”

That means, I need 2 unique interactions for 1 popup.
I can reuse all elements of the popup of course, yes.

But still, a lot of work.

By using the limit features you’d only need 2 interactions, working for all the popups.

Really?? Hmm… That would be nice.

So when I create a section “Popup section”,
and an interaction “Open Popup section”, what limit setting should I use when I have about 20 “Popup section” popups.

Edit:
Hmm…thinking about this.
Normally I would put all popups at the top of my navigator elements.
But thinking about it now, maybe it’s wiser to put them in the elements where I need them, by doing that, I am able to use the “LImit by sibling” funtions. I’m going to give this a try. THANKS VINCENT!

Read that, I’ll go read your PM and see from there if you still need help on that.

Really like the look of the page, don’t forget to come and Show&Tell when it’s finished, great job.

Also interested in this. Are these still coming? Can anyone from Webflow offer an answer?

Hi guys! We’ve been pretty busy building other highly requested features. We do have plans for these features but no ETA.

2 Likes

Tooltips would be very much appreciated

+1

I am also interested in tooltips in the first place.

Any update on the tooltip feature?

yeah, i keep getting surprised by these threads started literally a year or more ago, for some seemingly standard things… that are still not here. i mean, modals and tooltips… someone at webflow thought they were important enough to put in a graphic a year and a half ago… and still, not here.

as cool as interactions 2.0 looks, it’s not something i need over these now basic and expected functions. i know i can make a modal hack with interactions 1; i did it. but… if i need to make a lot of them that way, it becomes a mess super fast. now i want to make some nice fancy tooltips… but, again, i’m scratching my head how to start. just dragging and dropping would be nice!

some kind of roadmap would be nice, maybe.

Sorry for the holdup guys! We’re currently reworking our component foundations to make it easier/faster to build features like this. Thanks for your patience!

2 Likes

I’m going crazy building modals and tooltips manually every day!!

Well at least it is possible with a bit of creativity :sunglasses:

1 Like

I read the thread and looks like you got a complement on a site, and request for a share. You mind sharing now?

tell me about it. i’m now attempting to add one additional modal to the one already there. was moving along fine; duplicated the existing one, added the combo class, have everything looking just right. now, trying to add the interactions; so far so good… NOPE! combo class names can’t be used under “affect different element(s).” i guess that’s okay, i’ll just duplicate the main style… NOPE! that doesn’t exist. oh well, so much for having a life.

The trick is to create 1 popup, called “Popup” for example. This popup you set on display:none by default, to hide it when the site opens. Then create an interaction on a link which you call “open popup”, to open the popup. Then create another interaction to close the popup, obviously.

Now, if you have multiple popups. You might want to move this popup element inside another div-block element called “popup wrapper” for example. That way we can set the “open popup” element to "affect element “POPUP” and check the setting “Limit to sibling elements”. That way it won’t intervene with the other popups in your page.

See images:

2 Likes