Tooltips and modules still coming?

ahhhhh!! i get it. because they’re nested together, the interaction only works with the “next door” element. so, you can still use the same interaction over and over, but it only effects (or affects? haha) the one that’s grouped. smart! and, 100x easier to manage than setting up a new one from scratch every time. of course… would still prefer a base drag and drop element, then all of this hassle. but, i think you just saved some of my sanity for today. thanks!!

EDIT: wow, this works great. THANK YOU! you should get 100 likes for that. seriously, i could follow your screeenshots, and my brain doesn’t hurt this time!

seems like there might be a fatal flaw in this? i now have two modals working. function great. however, now i need to edit one… if i make just that one visible, the other one is also visible. so… the one i need to edit is now covered up! there seems to be absolutely no way to get to it. is there? how do i edit the “lower” modal now?

aside, and back on-topic - i cannot believe how infuriatingly convoluted these work arounds are for what should be simple standard elements. “infuriating” is a word i use probably every hour when describing my experience with webflow, btw. not what you want your top descriptive adjective to be from a user.

Oh Yes I forgot that part.
if you want to edit your popups, things can get strange when you set your popup to visible. Because all popups will become visible!

An easy fix for that would be just to add a subclass to each popup, like “Popup|Newsletter” or “Popup|Search”. That way each popup sub-class will have it’s own display:setting.

But yes I know all about the frustration working with this! I’ve done millions of popups. But talking with Webflow they already ensured me they are thinking this through. It’s quite a complex widget to create, eventhough it sounds simple!

1 Like

I’m using the same library Webflow uses for tooltips. Works beautifully here:

Scroll down to the table and mouseover to the question mark to see them.

I’m also using bootstrap’s tooltips for inside the modals, once you click on an app here: Hybrid Integration Platform (HIP) | APIANT

Not as pretty, but functional.

2 Likes

For tooltips:
I prepared an extension to Webflow, that lets you easily add a tooltip to any element.
It’s easy to set up and very fast to use later, without leaving the Designer interface.
Read more here: http://tooltipster-for-webflow.webflow.io/

3 Likes

For the love of everything holy can we PLEASE get an accordion widget?

1 Like

@Bghead8che

The native Dropdown widget works perfectly as accordion!
Have a look at this site. It’s my component site I start all my new website projects on top on. It’s clonable too!

http://newwebsiteframework.webflow.io/#dropdowns

It’d be life-saving if there was a way to make tabs behave like accordion in mobile portrait view, as well.

1 Like