Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Transferring projects from Pro account to a Team account

So, I work a company who uses Webflow to host their website. In the past few months we’ve started to use the platform to create several websites for clients. We have now switched to a team account, but were under the impression that going over to a team account was essentially just upgrading from a Pro account, but with an extra person able to access. Turns out, that’s not how it works, and I’m now trying to figure out how to transfer our main website, which is hosted on Webflow, as well as 4 other projects (not yet published or hosted anywhere) over to this team account.

I understand that I can cancel the hosting under the Hosting tab under the websites settings, but would that get rid of our CMS items? We’re using two CMS items, one for a blog and the other for the company’s team members.

And just to be clear, once I cancel the hosting, I can move the site over to the team account, sign up for hosting again, and then publish the site and everything goes back to normal?

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Yes, this is correct, you need to cancel the current hosting plan in order to be able to transfer the site.

No, your items, collections, design, etc will be there after the cancellation

Yes, you’re correct!

Hope this helps, you can always ask for support in the Webflow chat that shows on your hosting tab of your project.