Trouble deleting references to Google Font in exported css

Hello guys,

I have an issue partially discussed here:

I’m trying to get rid of all the webfonts from the attached project. I would like to avoid the webfont.js loading and to adopt only web safe fonts: Georgia and Trebuchet MS. I’m manually deleting every google font I can spot on my project. Exported to HTML to check the precence of missed google fonts. Unlickely something went wrong: If the Div host box in Webflow shows the Trebuchet MS in the exported CSS file the Open Sans font is still there…
Any suggestions?

Thank you.

the project:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/scala?preview=9a7f2121c1ab2c4a1d6ca9f2dcf585d8

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

Hi @malek, thanks for the good question. It seems that there are some font overrides than the default font used on the Body All Pages class. The host-box class inherits those font styles, so the font is getting included to the css.

I think the easiest thing to do, is to reset the font styles, save changes, export and then look, it should fix the issue and let you continue to style as needed.

I hope this will work, here is a quick video:

Hello Dave,

thanks for your help.

I’ve done what you suggested but the unwanted font is still there. Actually it’s not the only one:

from the exported CSS:

Open Sans, still there

.host-box { padding-bottom: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif;

and here:

.text-test-big-sentences { margin-bottom: 15px; font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif; font-size: 22px; line-height: 25px;

Another irriducible is Oxygen:

.footerlink { display: inline-block; padding: 3px 0px 3px 20px; float: none; -webkit-transition: color 350ms ease; transition: color 350ms ease; font-family: Oxygen; color: hsla(0, 0%, 100%, .6); font-size: 11px; line-height: 26px; font-weight: 300; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; text-transform: uppercase;

In any case Dave,
I do not get why to delete Trebuchet MS font from the host-box could influence instead the presence of a different font like Open Sans.

Cheers

I don’t have the best knowledge with this topic but I am pretty sure open sans is there because it acts as a font family. I might be wrong though. :blush:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.