Trouble editing NavLink text

I am having trouble with being able to modify NavLink text. I have followed the tutorial at http://tutorials.webflow.com/style-a-navbar but can’t seem to click or double-click on the link’s text and edit it as is shown in the video.

When I double-click it throws me into an embed that I have at the very top of my page. I don’t know if this is the cause. I have made sure I am highlighting the NavLink by selecting it from the Navigation panel.

Hi @mmediaman, Can you please update your post with some more information so we can help you faster? Things like your read-only link, screenshots, and your environment info really speed things up.

Posting guidelines can be found here: Posting Guidelines for the Design Help Category - General - Forum | Webflow

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

read only link: Webflow - frames123
browser: Chrome Version 42.0.2311.135 m

Not sure what there is to screenshot except when you double-click on the link text, my embed code comes up. attached screen anyway…

I removed the HTML Embed code and then I was able to edit the text in the Navlink. Then I made the embed code into a symbol and again I was able to edit the Navlink text. Perhaps this is a bug… can someone else test putting html embed code immediately below the body tag and see if the Navlink text can be edited?

Hi @mmediaman, in your original layout, you had the html embed at the top of the page, just under the body, and it was coving the navlink, that is why you could not edit the nav link. Temporarily, you can set the display setting on the embed to none (temporarily) then update the nav text link. After updating the links, set the display setting on the html embed back to Block .

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.