Trouble editing text in Webflow site

Hi @codyarsenault that definitely sounds like odd behavior!

What browser and what sites are you having trouble editing?

Could you please update your post with your site read-only links:

@MaciejIVE and @Jimv76 which sites are you seeing this occur in?

Could you please let me know what browser version you’re using by sending me your information from this page?

There should be a small share link when you visit the page which you can send to me.

Here’s link to my browser info.

https://www.whatismybrowser.com/w/MYPY2G3

Site is this one

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/jamesvines?preview=feedee2d8fa2f4b0d0ce51826f48dc38

@Jimv76 @codyarsenault @MaciejIVE it appears that there is an issue with editing text in the Designer/Editor from a recent update. We are investigating this bug and I will post an update as soon as I have information on a fix. :bow:

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding while we work on a fix for this error!

1 Like

Yikes, I am completely down and cannot edit any text.

1 Like

I have the same problem. When clicking OK the Designer reload, and … well… noting was saved.
At the same time, I’m not able to work on Rich text content. I was ask from my client to add lots of text… I can add Rich Text, but I can not change the content.
Also… in collection. I added rich text in the structure, but when creating a new post, I’m not able to style it. I don’t get the + sign so I can insert headlines or fotos for that matter…

Here’s the share link
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/ulefoss-skap?preview=6a12ec86d70951702804ff0956436844

A post was merged into an existing topic: Having “Refresh to Sync Changes” Issues

Same - can’t edit text, won’t allow highlighting text, deleting, saving, does not recognize changes …

What caused this? Was there a change made today that caused this and requires you to work on a ‘fix’ ???

I am having the same problem. I already cleaned my computer and browser but It is not working

Same issue:

Google Chrome Version 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit)
Mac iOS 10.12.3

Thanks!

A fix should be live in 10 minutes! Thanks for your patience everyone!

4 Likes

I love you webflow fam. You are the best, without you I wouldn’t make money. Keep up the great work I love you guys :heart:

3 Likes

Let alone make anything cool on the web!!!

Seriously though I don’t know what I’d be doing if you guys didn’t make webflow I’d be kind of fucked. This is magic and I’m so happy to be apart of it

2 Likes

The patch deploy just went out, so you should be able to refresh the Designer (or Editor) and get back to editing your text! :blush: Our sincere apologies for this annoying issue!

@rayjnorris We deploy fixes/changes/improvements many times a day (sometimes multiple times an hour), and this issue unfortunately cropped up due to a (theoretically) unrelated change in the Style Tab that inadvertently touched some text editing code - which was unfortunately not caught in QA in this case, since the test spec was targeted at Style Tab workflows.

While we have thousands of unit/component tests that must pass before builds go out to production, but despite that this particular issue wasn’t caught by those tests. To fix that, we’re working on adding a suite of Selenium-based regression tests that run through common actions in the actual Webflow UI across multiple real browsers. This should make these kinds of issues much less likely to slip through the cracks.

6 Likes

I have replied PM. Thanks for the response.

Completely understand. Thank you!

Still having issues editing Rich Text in the Footer :stuck_out_tongue: I can change link setting and Heading Status but cant delete or add anything.

Here is a share-link to my site: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/modernspace?preview=ebced68f8246b596f402b87cf216de15

Could you fix that pls! Thank you.

Hi @ModernSpace,

It looks like the content in the Footer is bound dynamically somewhere, but doesn’t have a dynamic list.
https://cl.ly/3N3u022H2Z3O/Screen%20Recording%202017-03-10%20at%2010.45%20AM.gif

It shouldn’t be possible to have dynamic content within a symbol as it creates this issue you’re having. We are looking into this now. Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention!

The solution here is to navigate to your Leistungens collection page and edit the symbol. Once there you can see the footer content is bound dynamically. After you remove all of these bindings, you should be able to edit the symbol as expected. See this GIF (too big to upload here)

​Please let me know if this solves the problem!

Hi, thanks for the fast reply first :+1:t3:
I know, that the footer get its color dynamically changed. On Project Pages it’s gets the colors of the active Project, so the pages look more custom.

However, my header is a Symbol too, but I can change things there…

I will check this again, maybe it was just a bug…

EDIT:

I`ve tested your suggestion. Removed all dynamic colors from my footer – still having the same issue. :frowning:
The main issue are the Contact Infos in the footer. I can change everythig, exept that rich text element with my Phone Number and E-Mail Address.

Btw: it´s awesome that I can add dynamic style changes to Symbols, don`t undo that! I can adjust the style of Poject Pages, like for Corporate Design, so the Pages mathces the CD Colors and looks every time different.

Nope sorry… Edited my last reply with news.