Trouble publishing in Google Chrome from Content Editor Panel

It isn’t working with Google Chrome, but it is working in Safari.

Not sure what’s going on, but it isn’t working for either me or my client. Here’s a screenshot of the javascript console. The bottom (7) recurs every time I try to edit another element (the editor seems to freeze after the initial error).

Hey @JoeMillion

Thank you for reaching out! and for bringing this to our attention! This definitely sounds like strange behavior - I’m looking into it now with our team - as soon as I have more information, I’ll contact you right away.

Can you please post your Webflow site link as well?

Also, can you please try the following:
(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with all Chrome Extensions turned off: Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help
(2) If the problem persists, please take another screenshot of your Console and send it to me (that’s super helpful thank you!)

Thanks in advance and I’ll be standing by for your response!

www.mindismatter.com

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/mind-is-matter?preview=0b9d5dd1383108ddde7243a999c19e52

I’ve tried it again this morning and we’re still having the same issue. I tried incognito mode yesterday also but have tried again:

Cheers,

Joe

Hi @JoeMillion, thanks a lot. I have started investigating this and as soon as there is an update, more info will be posted. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

This still appears to be an issue - just a heads up. @cyberdave

Thanks Joe! Sorry for this bug :frowning: Our team is on the case.

Hi @JoeMillion

I noticed that you have some custom code in your nav bar that is calling an older jQuery version:

Is it possible to remove that custom code and try to access your editor again?

I’ll be standing by for your response! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Nelson

Hey Nelson,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. Much appreciated.

I removed it and published it to the webflow.io stage temporarily, then tried to edit the site - same result.

Have you been able to replicate the issue? Also - the editor is working in Safari - Chrome is the issue.

Joe

Hi @JoeMillion, I have taken a look at the site, and those errors seem to be happening when the setmore embed script is included to the page. Remove the embed code and it appears the error goes away.

It could be that there is something about the way the setmore embed code is added to the page, it looks like it is loading an older version of jQuery (which @pixelgeek mentioned above). I am not sure if that is the root cause, but something about that embed code is causing some issue.

Could your try removing the embed code, republish and then check the editor ? In my testing removing the embed code worked.

Thanks in advance!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.