I've observed the following:
Under the following conditions "Affect different element(s)" does not work.
- There is an existing button (call it button A) with an interaction set to "affect different element" (call the target element X)
- A second button (call it button B) is nested in element X.
- Adding an interaction that is set to "affect different element" (the same element X that B is nested in) doesn't always consistently work.
I have found that button B can affect opacity of element X but button B cannot affect transforms and display none.
To reproduce this.
Step 1 - Create an interaction on a button that affects another hidden element (div X) and causes it to appear
Step 2 - Create an interaction on a button contained in div X
1. Create a button inside div X
2. Add an interaction
3. Set the trigger to "click"
4. Set it to "affect different element(s)" choose div X as the element
5. Add a Display None and Transform transition (in order to hide div X).
You will be able to preview the interaction with the preview button
But it won't work anywhere else.
What should actually happen
It should work on the live site not just when pressing the preview button under the click trigger