Trouble with website in Explorer and Firefox

Hello good people!
You’ve been so great helping me out a couple of times, and once again I am hoping somone would be so kind to help me out.

The website I’m currently working on is having trouble with Explorer and Firefox. Clikking on the latest blogpost the site looks like a huge mess in Explorer. Both text and images, and also text in slider (at the bottom of the page) The slider look the same in Firefox.

Also… on the front page, clikking on the red button under the Hero section called Årskontroll og service bakløftere, you will see that some text in that Hero section is not placed in the middle. This is just for Explorer.

I would be so thankful if someone would be so kind to help me out with this.

Here is my public share link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/ulefoss-skap?preview=6a12ec86d70951702804ff0956436844

(how to access public share link)

Please give me a hand and help me out with this. Anyone? I would be so greatful

You are using Flexbox.

IE does not support Flexbox.

Most designers have already abandoned trying to make their site supported on IE because it is super old technology and as long as the audience you target does not have a wide range use on IE, I would not worry about it.

As for Firefox I am unsure why it is not working.

I would check your Firefox version and see if Flexbox supports it.

You can view this here: CSS Flexible Box Layout Module | Can I use... Support tables for HTML5, CSS3, etc

Hope I was able to help. :slight_smile:

This actually isn’t the problem, and IE 11 supports most of Flexbox just fine. The problem is that the designs on this site (like those on the Siste nyheter page) uses a forced percentage width (specifically on Nyheter wrapper) which is causing the content to scrunch as the browser viewport changes size.

Most designers have already abandoned trying to make their site supported on IE because it is super old technology and as long as the audience you target does not have a wide range use on IE, I would not worry about it.

With respect to @VladimirVitaliyevich — and I do respect you a great deal! :slight_smile: — I don’t at all agree with this approach. Many, many, many clients across all types of industries (especially clients in offices, enterprise clients, etc.) use IE 11. And this website shared by @Sven_Erik_Slattedale seems to be in Norwegian. Norway has a 20% IE browser usage right now, which could represent a significant chunk of visitors to the website (Source: Statcounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Usage Share).

1 Like

Haha, @McGuire you roasted me with da facts. :joy:

Very true, that’s also why I said this:

as long as the audience you target does not have a wide range use on IE

:slight_smile:

Thank you for clarifying the real problem. :wink::slight_smile:

This actually isn’t the problem, and IE 11 supports most of Flexbox just fine. The problem is that the designs on this site (like those on the Siste nyheter page) uses a forced percentage width (specifically on Nyheter wrapper) which is causing the content to scrunch as the browser viewport changes size.

1 Like

Thank you Vladimir, it was to some help… and any help is good help :slight_smile:

Thank you McGuire!
You are absolutely right. Lots of of people, especially offices etc are still using IE in Norway, so I need the site to work well on at least all of the most common browsers.

I looked into to it, and changed the % to px on Nyheter Wrapper but also on all of the images, text divblock etc inside it. Changing it just on the Nyheter wrapper was not enough. It did help a bit, but if you take a look again you will see that the thmb images, text and also the form section is now placed on top of the main blogpost image. And I haven’t figured out yet how to fix that. In the designer it looks good.

It’s a bit frustrating when this happens… I search tutorials and try to read me up as good as I can, and from what I understand they say that using % is a good thing… cause then it will adjust easier to different platforms such as pad and cellphone. But if using px is what you need to make it look good in all browsers, it would have been nice of that was mentioned too.

Anyhow… I do love webflow, and I’m so thankful for all the help I get here on the forum. So thank you McGuire for your help.
If you do have any suggestion what to do to fix the rest of the problems too, I would not be able to thank you enough :slight_smile:

Hello again!

I’ve tried to fix the troubles I’m having showing this website in Firefox and Internet Explorer. With help from the good people above, I managed to fix everything in Firefox, so this should work nicly now.
I’ve also managed to fix some of the problems in IE, but as you can see on the img below, it’s still not looking good, and I have no idea how to fix this.
So please…please help me out with this.

My share link/read only link is:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/ulefoss-skap?preview=6a12ec86d70951702804ff0956436844

Adress to the page: http://ulefoss-skap.webflow.io/nyhet/containerramme-med-fler

And here’s an img of the problem:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.