Trying to Build new Portfolio site, tips?

I have been trying to recreate my Design (made in Figma) on Webflow and it just won’t happen. It either is way too advanced for me or maybe my Design simply does not work in Webflow.
I have been trying to make the interactions work based on my Design and IDK how to do it.
Bellow, you see how far I have gotten.

Is it even possible to make recreate in Webflow?
If yes do you have any resources or tips on how I can achieve what I want to make?

update I have figured out how I can implement a slider and how to scale it up with a click, now I just need to figure out how I can make it slide to the side when I press the Information button to show more Infos as seen in the screenrecording

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/patrick-hengartners-fantabulous-project?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=patrick-hengartners-fantabulous-project&preview=bce116b8174945119ea72e4fb67dcf2e&mode=preview

Here is a screen record from my Figma prototype: Dropbox - Bildschirmaufnahme 2021-04-30 um 11.39.26.mov - Simplify your life

It’s absolutely possible. Right off the bat, the hover effect doesn’t require IX2. You can do that with state select. The only animations you should need for this project are for clicks.

I recommend checking out the showcase and seeing what other people have built. You can get an idea of how they built it, then take bits and pieces of those sites until it works for you.

Keep your head up. It’s normal to become frustrated, especially at first. It will come together eventually.

1 Like

Yes, you can change any portfolio website, you think try it now? To improve create build a new basic website. You should web project or web structure plan.

1 Like

thanks for the answer! Makes me hopeful, that I can make it a reality.
I already changed the hover interaction to states, that was very helpful!

I don’t want to be rude or anything, but I didn’t understand what you wanted to say.
Appreciate the reply nontheless!

1 Like

Hey Patrick,

I’ve recently moved to Webflow after years of using other web builders. Webflow has been quite a steep learning curve, but it’s well worth it!

The best advice I can give would be to check out the Webflow University and be sure to look at YouTube as there are lots of tutorials.
Another place to look might be Udemy.

Stick at it!

1 Like

Very good ideas to how learn Udemy. Do you like a new basic skills? For creator web, build basic website. You can easy to webflow development is highly innovate web design tools.