Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Turn Webflow into a native Mac app (sort of)

Hey Webflowers!

I just wanted to share a little tip I use every day that greatly improved my workflow.

This is sort of a part 2 to a post I made about adding a Webflow icon Webflow Logo Icon for mac osx dock

I use Webflow so often and wanted it to be separate from chrome which required workarounds with every other web app generator (fluid, getGCapp). I finally found a solution that creates an isolated Mac app based on a website using chrome as the base with it’s own settings and preferences completely separate from your regular chrome browser.

It’s called Coherence Pro.

While this solution is not free ($9.99) I think it’s worth it to be able to make native Mac apps for any website. I currently made apps for Netflix, amazon, Hulu, HBOgo, Youtube, etc. Super useful! There is also a demo available.

The same company also has a webkit version that doesn’t use chrome but still works with Webflow called Unite. https://www.bzgapps.com/unite. It worked at first for me but I wanted a bit more power so I went for coherence. You can make 5 apps for free! Give it a try!

And if you want a full native experience, download my custom Webflow Yosemite icons here…

If there’s interest, I can make a full tutorial of how this app works!

Happy Webflowing!