Turning a Static Page into a CMS Collection - How to?

Hi there.

I am looking for some help in turning a section of my website into a collection (and maintaining the alternating colors - white/gray). You will see what section I’m referring to under “2019 Virtual Summits”.

I’m sure this is easy, but I can waste hours doing it the WRONG way, so I want to check in here.

I thank you in advance for your help!

Here is my public share link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/ghr-virtual-summits?utm_source=ghr-virtual-summits&preview=2cf27a2c4dbfccd9f9ca6c1bb06e4e3b

1 Like

Hello @expozeur

The first thing you need to do is to create a CMS collection for the summits. The next thing will be adding all summits to the collection.

Learn more here > CMS Collections | Webflow University

Piter :webflow_heart:

Hey @PeterDimitrov ,

No problem there. I am quite familiar on that. It’s more so the structure which I am not sure how to handle. Designer stuff, not CMS stuff I guess.

1 Like

Just create the CMS collection > add the content and I will show you

1 Like

I am glad you’re willing to help because I am stuck!

No clue what’s going on here!

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/ghr-virtual-summits?utm_source=ghr-virtual-summits&preview=2cf27a2c4dbfccd9f9ca6c1bb06e4e3b

1 Like

@expozeur were you able to get this to work?

Since you never got an answer on this from the community expert, thought I’d chime in and show you what I tried.

1. On the static page: I turned each section into a symbol (Section 1, 2, 3…)
  2. On the new CMS page: I dragged in each symbol in order
  3. On the new CMS page: I unliked each section from symbol - right click “unlink from symbol”

Now some cleanup
4. Back to static page: Unlink each section from its symbol
5. Delete the symbols you made for the migration

Done!

5 Likes

Brilliant, thanks! :+1:

Interesting. Will have to revisit this one day! Thanks!

Awesome, thank you for posting this! Used these steps today and it worked brilliantly.