[TUTORIAL] Full Multi Language Site - Easy to set-up and to use!

Hi @kverseijden,

I’m not sure what you mean. Could you show me an example?

Weglot should detect all content present in the HTML page. If the content is inserted dynamically (like via Javascript), you might need to add the CSS class of the element in the “Dynamic elements” on your Weglot Project settings so that Weglot can detect the content.

Hi @jarnom,

Good question. We need to test it out. There is no reason why it shouldn’t work with the Ecommerce feature. The main thing we need to check is the dynamic content (as I explained earlier, Weglot might not detect part of it) but we can find a solution for that.

Unfortunately, Weglot doesn’t work with Top-level domain for the moment. Our integration is only available via subdomain.

Your product sounds great, probably a cheaper alternative to bablic. I’ll probably give it a try…
Maybe from a marketing / selling viewpoint you should show on your site what the visual editor looks like :slight_smile:
Because that’s what we’ll have to sell to our clients if the want good multilingual tools.

1 Like

Hey @pepperclip,

Thank you for your feedback! I completely agree with you. The Visual Editor is one of the favorite features of our customers. We’ll see how we can improve this.

I’m just trying to find a solution for multiple languages. Are u using a particular tool for the time being?

No, I don’t do much ML sites. If I say yes for a multilanguage site, I feel I must provide a complete localization service including URLs, SEO and many many aspects that aren’t simple translation. So I accept to do multilanguage landing pages, that’s easy to handle and also easy top cope with limitations. For a full ML Webflow site… I’ll wait for Webflow to come up with their native feature.

1 Like

Works great except the search result Page. How i can translate the “search” Button or the wording inside the searchbar ? Cant Duplikate this Elements… Thanks a Lot

Hey :slight_smile: Thank you very much for this helpful tool!

For some reason it doesn’t work for me. Do you have any idea why?
I got the code from here: http://multilinguale.webflow.io/

Here is my site: https://illuvis-wir-visualisieren-ihre-vision.webflow.io/?lang=de

You see an example at the beginning.
[[en]]This is English
[[de]]Das ist Deutsch

1 Like

Very good! And it really helps. But it doesn’t work with rich text at all. Maybe there are ideas on how to make rich text work with multi language?

Thanks, this method helped. But something still doesn’t work - sliders. I assigned them the classes .english and .chinese, but by default, when the page loads, both English and Chinese slider are displayed. When switching to Chinese - English and Chinese are displayed, when switching to English - only English remains.

Hi angro!
First of all, thanks a lot for this great solution, it’s about to solve my problems!

Only question is: I have 5 languages (en, it, zh, ru, de), how should I implement the other 3 in the following script?

Thanks again, hope this is possibile!

<!-- Language: Englisch -->
<script>
	$(".english").html(function(i,v) {
    return "[[en]]" + v + "[[it]] <b></b>";});
</script>

<!-- Language: Italian -->
<script>
	$(".italian").html(function(i,v) {
    return "[[it]]" + v + "[[en]] <b></b>";});
</script>
1 Like

Hey guys,

I just wanted to let you know that Weglot is now fully compatible with Webflow Ecommerce! You can try it out on our demo site: Banana | Weglot

Eugene

Do you know how it is working with spans inside a paragraph? So when i make a single word bold it creates a text span. Then this whole thing doesnt work anymore…

2 Likes

Hey, thank you for the solution!

Would this work for images too?
I have some svgs I would need in 2 languages.

Hey @itsapug, FYI I don’t know if you tried Weglot but it handles media translations. Just enable it in your Project settings and you will be able to change your media URLs with new ones in each translated language.

2 Likes

@angro Hi! Thanks for life hack!
I implemented code
Typed [[en]] My text
but when published tags are still there and not working((

What do you think it could be?
Thanks in advance

Thank you! I was going crazy with this and your solution was easy and worked great. However, it seems I’m doing something wrong with my Navbar translation. The languages aren’t switching properly with the hamburger navigation on mobile views. I’m using a link block in the footer section.

Read-only link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/pininos-landing-page?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=pininos-landing-page&preview=a60c84c85c203f483f636773724d8940&mode=preview

Published link: https://pininos-landing-page.webflow.io/

Hey Simon, not sure what you mean, you just use them as standard Webflow elements. In the Richtext element, you use the ENTER key to start a new paragraph, or SHIFT+ENTER to do a line break only.

As of today, Jan 31, I am having trouble with with links in paragraphs. My links vanish from paragraphs if I tag them. How did you fix it?

Dear friend,
Can you make it a video tutorial please, it would be very benefit like me who are new in webflow… thank you so much