Two problems I'm trying to fix

Hi,

I have a couple issues I’m trying to resolve. Any help with either of these would be greatly appreciated!

FIRST PROBLEM
On my landing page, scrolling horizontally pushes the content off the screen on mobile. This is not the case with all other pages in my project.

In the past I’ve consistently found the culprit to be DIVs or other objects with a width specified wider than the actual screen. I’ve double checked this, it doesn’t seem to be the problem here, everything appears contained within the screen’s boundaries in the editor. Any ideas?

SECOND PROBLEM
On my ‘news center’ page, I display the news source, date, and a separator dot in between the news source and date for each news story. The news source and separator dot aren’t visible on iOS in Safari or Chrome. They show up fine on Android, and on desktop web. Any ideas?

Preview Link >> https://preview.webflow.com/preview/wideminded?preview=3a9cad4f0939a938725d2cac0e9d685b

Your texttest is overflowing

1 Like

Thanks for your offer of help Karl.

I removed all instances of that div, as a test, and the problem persisted.

This doesn’t surprise me – the text block is well within bounds in the editor. What browser width did you use to get this text block to overflow?

slide has a width of 500px.

I don’t have iOS so I can’t help with the second.

Thanks Sam! I removed that CSS class, and it fixed problem #1! Much appreciated!

Now, does anyone have any ideas on how to solve problem #2

On my ‘news center’ page, I display the news source, date, and a separator dot in between the news source and date for each news story. The news source and separator dot aren’t visible on iOS. They show up fine on Android, and on desktop web. Any ideas?

Had a little play - when I changed the News Publisher overflow from Scroll to Visible the text disappeared, mirroring the behaviour you’re seeing, so I changed its Position from Auto to Relative and the field re-appeared. Same thing for the dot.

Not sure if this the issue but was unsure why these items were set to Scroll.

Can’t test it so don’t know if that was the problem, but hope this helps. Good luck

This worked! Thank you!!

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.