Typing Superscript (+) Plus sign in web flow designer

Hi guys! This may be really dumb but i need a bit of guidance as to how to type the superscript + sign in the content.

just a wee bit lost here, sos :smiley: and many thanks!

Hey @monsterling.
Iā€™ve noticed a few things since I started using webflow. Some fonts will superscript some things automatically (Ā®, etc). Some fonts donā€™t. One thing I did to get around this issue, since I canā€™t seem to find a superscript control in the tools panel, is to wrap what I want superscripted in a span. You can do that by selecting the text and clicking the little brush icon next to the bold, underline, italicize, etc buttons above it. Once you do that, add a class (ā€œsupā€, for example), then you could style it like this:

font-size: 0.6em;
line-height: 0;
position: relative;
top: -0.5em;

That gets things close enough for me. You would just make sure that your plus sign is inside of that span.

Cheers,
Anthony

3 Likes

Off topic but why would one need to superscript the + sign? Honest concern (:

:slight_smile: good question.
lol the product name has a superscript + sign in itā€¦ and it needs to be referred to in superscript in all instances.

we can hard code it but was wondering if there was really a simpler way to do so in web flow.

thanks altextreme :slight_smile: iā€™ll give it a shot and report back

Thanks, I was wondering. Today I learnt the word ā€˜superscriptā€™ (:

Iā€™m using @altextreme method. Always have a class named ā€˜indexā€™ to superscript bits of text. Going to update it with his properties, havenā€™t thought about using ems to make it relative to the font-size.

They should just add the feature. Simple. No brainer. Too many workarounds not efficient and productive.

4 Likes

Hi @topelovely, good point! If you have some extra time, please share your thoughts on this here: http://forum.webflow.com/category/feedback/wish-list :slight_smile:

1 Like

is there any update on adding superscript functionality in the designer?

1 Like

Yes ā€“ superscript please. My client wants to add footnotes to their posts. What now?

3 Likes