Editing values in Webflow is perfectible.
- the arrow at the right of the fields are the most tiniest pieces of UI ever made by mankind (Webflow is ran by very agile elves, I concluded
- the fields often are so close to the edge of the screen that you miss a click and click on the elevator, the page then jump up or down
- apart from the 10x shift multiplier, there is no helper
Macaw and Webflow have it better, and it works like a charm. Click and drag on the field symbol and adjust the value.
Adobe Edge Reflow
And it's even perfectible. It could be like in Photoshop, where, you can cmd+click+drag within a field to set value, and add +ALT to be able to set it slower, finer, and Shift to speed it up.
And you could go beyond that! Adding CTRL to the recipe to go from round value to round value.
I think this is the one piece of UI behavior that I cringe a little bit with on Webflow.
The holy grail would be:
- Cmd+click/drag on the field to drag to set value (so you keep the click on the label which is a feature in WF)
- Shift+Cmd+click/drag to speed up the increment
- Alt+Cmd+click/drag to slow down
- Any of the above + Ctrl to stick to round or known values.
Thanks for listening.