Unable to change focus from Rich Text while editing/Designer Freeze

Editing the text in a rich text element freezes the designer, on both Safari and Chrome on macOS High Sierra.

Issue began to appear yesterday evening EST upon refreshing the designer.

Any ideas would be great, as my site is all copy in rich text elements. Many thanks!

Hi @mabap I’m happy to look into this.

Can you please send me the following so I can take a closer look?
• Description of what you’re experiencing (include names of site, pages, elements, classes, interactions, etc)
• Examples of what you’re experiencing (Screenshots of issue or (even better) a GIF taken with CloudApp: https://www.getcloudapp.com/ - Make sure to show the whole screen for context)
• Environment info that you’re experiencing trouble on (include your exact browser version, device model, operating system version, etc)

I’ll be standing by for your response.

Cheers,
Nelson

Hi PixelGeek, thank you for your prompt reply.

GIF is linked so you can see for yourself.

CloudApp

Latest version of Safari and Chrome on macOS High Sierra 10.13.1, MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013).

Hi @mabap, thanks for the video, that helps a lot. This is being checked out and as soon as I have an update I will notify you immediately.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you @cyberdave

The issue did start yesterday evening, because I was editing all day without issue, unless the bug is isolated to my project. I did not perform any system updates whatsoever through the course of the day.

Hi @mabap, thanks, well I don’t think you did anything wrong, I am checking this and will get back to you as soon as I have some good news.

HI @mabap, I have not been able to find the root cause yet, however I have reached out to the dev team.

One thing you can try in the meantime, is to delete the original Rich Text, save the page, then refresh the designer in the browser window.

Next, recreate the Rich Text widget with an all new widget.

As soon as I have more information, I will get back to you with an update.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for being on top of it @cyberdave. I’ve tried that, but the issue appears with all new rich text elements as well.

I have no choice but to finish this project, so I’m getting in as many edits before the freeze as possible, and then refreshing — so I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks again!

Hello @cyberdave, @PixelGeek. Any updates on this bug? It’s become very cumbersome to finalize the site when I have to refresh after every edit.

Thanks in advance.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.