I am trying to remove CMS collections from a clients site before launch but am being greeted with “Cannot delete this collection as it is used in bindings” also when trying to delete certain fields from collections I get this message “This field is currently used in Dynamic Template Settings. To delete this field, you’ll need to remove any references to it first.” Have deleted the CMS elements from across the site and have also done the technique I have seen where people save it and refresh but no luck. I think I saw some people got their pages hard refreshed by the admin team - is anyone able to help me with this?
Before being able to delete a collection, delete all bindings of purple elements in the Designer
– in the viewport: template page elements, and Collection Lists elements in static pages: all link settings must be turned to none
– in the Settings tab: elements can be bound to the Collection by a background image, a background color, a text color or a border color
– in the Page settings: SEO, OG and RSS can be bound to the Collection fields
– inside of every block of custom code (inside of a Collection List on static pages, or anywhere in a Template page)
– How to browse all elements in the Navigator to spot purple ones? In the Navigator tab, select the Body element, keep Alt pressed while you press Arrow Down as many times as needed to browse all element. This will unfold the complete tree view of your site.
– pay attention to the error message, they sometimes contain clues to where a binding is conflicting
– if you ever run into a case where you think all the bindings are deleted, but they are not, try to do a full version save of the site, by pressing cmd+shift+s in Mac or ctrl-shift-s in Windows. If that does not allow you to delete the collection element(s) then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for the help - still no luck though!
Contacted the webflow team and was solved privately and quickly - thanks to Micah for the amazing customer service!