Unable to delete custom reference field

I accidentally created a custom field in e-commerce categories called ‘product’ without realising it was already a mandatory field. It won’t allow me to delete the duplicate and is now requiring me to link the product field twice (as seen in screenshot). Any suggestions on how I can remove it?

Here is my public share link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/tylers-stupendous-project-215a0f?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=tylers-stupendous-project-215a0f&preview=d61436cdd71dbec4e755af3945f7b2c4&pageId=5d5410a201f72ad0ed0059af&mode=preview

Hi Tyler,

I took a look, kind of silly problem. It seems simple but have you tried editing the custom field to be named something other then product, saving it and seeing if you can the delete it?

I can’t save in read only mode so I have no idea if it will work or not but if the problem started by naming it the same thing, it makes sense that it might disconnect if you name it something else.

Hope this helps and best of luck :+1:

Yes I have. I am able to change and save a different name but when I come out of categories it reverts the original (mandatory) field to the amended name :frowning_face: Looks as though this is a genuine bug!