Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Unable to select the menu icon to style it

I'm unable to select the menu icon in mobile landscape view to style it. Even in the designer is selected, in the style panel appears as if another element it is selected. Check the screenshot.

Here is the link to my project https://preview.webflow.com/preview/brilworxdev5-alt?preview=0969f37756c5abd16acbcd93cb07683b

Hi @mrmtta

You mean this icon?

Do you mean like this?

What happens if that I can't give either the "menu bottun" nor "icon" a style, as in my styles panel appears the previous selected item. It doesn't change to the "menu button" or the "icon" in order for me to give it a class and restyle it.

In the screenshot I shared you can see how in the designer is selected the "menu button", but in the styles panel is some other element selected. Does it make sense?

Did you try selecting it from the Navigator?

yes!

Are you having the same problem in the preview project as I describe?

No it work fine. Maybe try restart your browser. Clear cache. I don't no for sure just saying

Got it..
It's a bug, whenever I try to delete the current class and create a new one, it deletes the entire div instead.
It's impossible to remove the class assigned to the icon and button :confused:

@Waldo @PixelGeek can you guys try and check it out?

In the screenshot you shared it looks like you were able to style it but in your style panel "navbar" is selected, not the "icon", as it should be.

just had selected the navbar when I did the screenshot

It seems to work fine for me. That's odd

Clear cache but still the same

I can't :sweat:
If I delete the current style, it will delete the whole "navbar" :confused:

Very odd behaviour, never happened to me..

Try to unlink it from symbol

@mrmtta try what @Jim_Kalligas said, it works for me

but it's still odd, because I usually change everything inside a symbol without any issues :confused:

It is a solution to unlink it from the symbol but is not the desired one. Anyway, thank you very much for looking into this problem and sharing your thoughts.

Hi @mrmtta

Thanks for posting this, this definitely sounds like odd behavior.

I was able to reproduce the issue and have reported the issue to our team.

We are currently looking into the issue and hoping to get it resolved soon.

It looks like the issue only occurs within a symbol and when you select the parent element first.

There are two workarounds:
1. Unlink the symbol for the time being
2. Select a child or sibling element first, then select the element you wish to edit

Doing either of these will prevent the issue form occurring.

Thanks again–I will post here when we have a solution for this issue.

Hi @mrmtta

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention!

We just pushed a fix for this issue, can you please confirm on your end that class names for elements inside of symbols are working as expected?

​Thanks in advance, and I'm standing by for your reply.

Hi Brando, sorry for the delay. I've been really busy with client work.
I've checked the element that caused the bug that made me start this thread and now everything is working nice and smooth. Thank you very much for taking care.

@mrmtta Thanks so much for the update!

Happy to help :slight_smile: