Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Unbind connections on ecommerce products

Hey everyone,

I’m aware there are dozens of topics on locked collections. An issue I have is that my ‘products’ collection (default e-commerce collection) is locked, and there is no option to unbind them in the collection settings, while that option does exist in regular collections.

The project is from a template that I’ve bought for e-commerce, but as any Dutch user will know - clients from here want to pay with iDeal and Webflow doesn’t support that. Therefore I use FoxyCart, which kind of completely neglects Webflow’s e-commerce options and requires you to make your own CMS for them. That’s why I want to change the collection in the homepage from the default ‘products’ to my own collection called ‘Producten’.

However, the option to break collection binds from the settings (as seen here) isn’t available to default products from Webflow’s E-commerce. Any help on this?

Here is my site Read-Only: Webflow - The Itsy Bitsy Tavern

1 Like

Hi @Martijn_Berkouwer.
Josh from Foxy here. I wanted to chime in real quick to confirm that in some cases, you can continue using Webflow Ecommerce to manage products. It’s not the recommended approach, but it’s possible. Hope this helps some.

Thanks,
Josh

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your reply! Could you tell me more about how to do that and what the downsides are

Hi @Martijn_Berkouwer.
For sure. Here are a couple of ways to integrate Foxy for multiple products:

Use Webflow CMS + Foxy (recommended)
Our recommended approach is to move your products to Webflow CMS. This will create a smoother integration with Foxy, supports auto-inventory updates, supports product variants, allows for more flexibility, and will in most cases, save you money.

More info can be found here. Here’s a short video showing you how to move from Ecommerce to CMS: Screen Capture on 2019-08-30 at 13-44-14.mov • Droplr Once you disconnect elements from Ecommerce data, you should be able to copy/paste them into your CMS template.

Use Webflow Ecommerce + Foxy
Another approach is to continue using Webflow Ecommerce to manage your products. We can show you how to create a Foxy version of your current add to cart form.

Heads up that this approach may require both a Webflow Ecommerce plan and a Foxy plan (you’ll want to reach out to Webflow to confirm). Also, many Webflow Ecommerce features and options will be ignored, which could cause confusion for users when managing products.

If you go the Webflow Ecommerce approach, setup would be similar to CMS, except you’d use Webflow Ecommerce Product data instead of CMS Product data. Hope this helps some. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks,
Josh

Thanks John! I’ve succesfully integrated Foxy into the site using Webflow CMS, like you recommended. I also figured out the locked links.

Thanks for taking the time to help me and for providing me the video!

Hi @Martijn_Berkouwer.
Happy to help. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any follow up questions. Have a great weekend!

Thanks,
Josh