Unique content on Collection pages

I am working on my portfolio site. On each project page (currently built from a single collection page template) there are ~12 different types of content that I’d like to be able to choose from when building the page (full-width video, image carousel, 2-column images, etc.).

These are more complex than the current list of CMS items, and the ones I’d like to use for each project will vary.

I’ve used the Collection builder to populate the main content of the project (client name, description, thumbnail/header image, etc.) to make it easy to quickly add new projects and have them populate on the homepage, but I need to leverage more complex elements in the project, and the ones used will vary for each project.

Is there a way to create a collection page that has a section that is unique to that page (ie. separated from the dynamic content shared by all pages in a collection)?

Any help would be awesome. Thanks.

Unfortunately not - a dynamic collection template page is used across the entire collection, and changing it in one place affects all collection item pages (by design).

You could try to use this new feature: http://forum.webflow.com/t/new-feature-conditional-visibility/22539/13 to conditionally show a section on a detail page only if a specific Switch flag is set to On for a specific Item, but that might get out of hand quickly :\