Unlock CMS Source

Hi there, I am new to Webflow and working on learning how the CMS works.

I’m working on a template site right now and trying to setup a portfolio section. I would like the state page “Portfolio” to display my portfolio items.

I created a new CMS Collection called Portfolio and setup my fields. I then went to bind my new portfolio collection to the items on the “Portfolio” page. However, I see that the collection is locked to have “Blog Posts” as the source.

I’ve read that I need to unbind all content to get it to unlock but I can’t seem to figure that out. I’ve come up with a few makeshift solutions but would like to learn the proper course of action so that I can do it properly going forward.

Any advice that would point me in the right direction would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Regards,
Kevin

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/kamis-collection-d2e9d4?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=kamis-collection-d2e9d4&preview=309f2a4053444ae95db81b8078b37d0a&pageId=5f6a6455ed138aa7d8f049c1&mode=preview

Hi Kevin!

first you need to unlink all the values that you are pulling from CMS collection before you can unbind it.

(Unlink all the purple element inside collection item).

Then you can change source of the CMS collection.