Unwanted left-align fault

Hi everyone,

First time posting here, I can’t find any answers to my queries on the forum so far, so I hope I’m not wasting anyone’s time. Any help you can offer will be appreciated.

I’m using Webflow through Chrome on both my Windows 7 desktop and Macbook Pro. I have tested in Chrome and IE 11.0.96… and the described faults are consistent in both.

Here is my public share link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/grassendale?preview=8ecaca0dfe96477a880430827421e649

Unwanted left-align/float on home page only.
On the home page only it seems that several items are somehow inheriting a left-align/float - including the top navigation bar, the text in the hero box, the link to our Twitter feed - extending all the way down the page to the footer text. The Headings seen to be spared though. I’ve been through everything that I can see and have been unable to identify what is causing this. It does not do this either in the Design view OR Preview mode, but becomes evident once published: http://grassendale.webflow.io/ . Interestingly the page seems to load centred, then pull left right at the end. I don’t know if this is relevant or not? The problem is not repeated on any of the other pages - which display as desired - and all of which use the common Navbar symbol at the top, which is centred, as is everything else that should be.

I’m sure I must have created this problem during my continual tinkering with the site and have left something scrappy in there, but I just can’t find it anywhere!

I’m most grateful for the combined wisdom of the community!

Mark

Hello @markoakdale,
lets go step by step:

1. Navigation looks centered

2. twitter widget:
    div with widget has display settings: inline-block, so it will react on text-align settings of its “parent”. Parent in this case - container with class “intro-c”, but for some reason there is no style rules for this class. So widget read rules from regular div, where is tex-align: left
    Probably you have to re-create (re-fresh) rule text-align: center in Webflow.

1. Same story with one of the headers in another container “widgets-c”, there is no CSS rules for this class, ant it takes rule from regular div.

Try to refresh text aligning in the containers, hope it will fix situations

Regards,
Anna

Hi Anna @sabanna,

Thanks so much for taking the time to look at my query and your detailed & illustrated response.

I think what had confused me about the problem is that I have been working in Webflow on the basis that unless otherwise specified, the nested elements will inherit characteristics (including the alignment) from their parents, yet for some reason that doesn’t seem to be happening on this page alone. It still seems to work for the other pages.

As you have suggested I have been through and assigned a centre align to all the individual elements and it seems to have worked, but I still don’t understand why it’s not inheriting from the parents just on this page!

I really liked your technique of inspecting the code using Chrome and I’ll have a go at that myself next time!

Thanks again.

Mark

1 Like

I really do not know why it is act like this on that page, especially that I saw, in Webflow project you have this aligning in the containers.
Glad I was able to help :blush:

P.S. inspecting code in Chrome sometimes only way to find our what is wrong. Because browser read code that you create by drag and drop in Webflow and you can see what is wrong with the code.

Cheers, Anna

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.