Hi all - I'm sending an email out shortly, but wanted to post here as well to let our community know about some improvements we're making to Webflow hosting, along with a few plans and pricing changes that will take effect on December 19th, 2016.
But before we get into the details, I want to reassure you that if you currently have a paid account with us, there are no changes being made to your current Webflow plan or hosted sites. All existing plans and hosting subscriptions are automatically grandfathered to their current pricing structure, and all new platform improvements are added to your plan at the same (or lower) price.
Plan updates and improvements
- We’re introducing a new Hobby plan at $16 a month (paid annually) or $24 a month (paid monthly) that offers code export and up to 10 unhosted projects.
- The Professional and Team plans will have unlimited projects, so you can experiment and prototype as much as you want.
- White labeling will be included for free in the Professional and Team plans for all sites. This includes adding your own logo for the Editor and Client Billing forms, removing references to Webflow in your source code, white labeling form notification emails, and hiding the Webflow badge on your webflow.io subdomains.
- We’re phasing out hosting discounts on paid plans starting on July 1st, 2017 (more details below).
Updates to Webflow hosting
We're excited to announce three new hosting tiers that have clearer limits and several new features:
- SSL Hosting will be available as an option for all hosted sites - for free! Many browsers will soon require SSL-enabled sites, and Webflow has you covered just in time!
- Site-wide and per-page password protection will be available for all hosting plans free of charge.
- Discounted annual billing will become available as an option for each hosting plan, giving you the option to save even more when you pay for a year upfront.
If you're using the Webflow CMS, there are some big improvements on that front as well:
- Our CMS API is here, and will become available for all CMS hosting subscriptions! With this API, you’ll be able to read and write CMS data programmatically via code or integration services like Zapier.
- We’re introducing a new Business hosting tier - it includes unlimited form submissions, up to 10 collaborators, and a new super-fast Global CDN hosting option.
- We’re bundling more collaborators into the new hosting tiers, offering 3 collaborators for free on the new CMS plan and 10 on the new Business hosting plan, which brings down monthly costs significantly for multi-collaborator websites.
- You’ll no longer need to deal with the 500 CMS item limit — we’re bumping it to 2,000 on the CMS tier and 10,000 on the new Business hosting tier!
Here’s a brief overview of the hosting tiers that we’ll be implementing in December:
If you’re currently on a Personal, Pro, or Team plan, you’ll get a 50% discount on any of these monthly hosting subscriptions purchased before July 1, 2017. This gives you the first six months of 2017 to lock in these new hosting subscriptions at half the price, and keep those prices for the duration of that hosting subscription.
If you’re not currently on a paid plan, you can upgrade before December 19th and still get that 50% discount on the new hosting subscriptions.
If you have any questions, our team is standing by to answer them - and you should always feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat with our support team.
Thanks for using Webflow - and happy designing!