Upcoming new features and pricing changes

Take a new hosting between December 19th and July 1st at 50% discount forever. You’ll pay $7,50 per month.

And you can take the new 16/mo hobby plan to go with it.

1 Like

Except Vlad just said the 50% discount does not apply to annual hosting plans. If it did, i think we would all be a lot more stoked!

@fernando1lins I replied to your email :slight_smile:

@DFink Currently the 50% discount is only applicable to monthly hosting plans, but we are considering a bulk-hosting program that will either give you kickbacks or increasing discounts if you need to host a lot of sites.

@zachjarr Yes, the hosting plans are per-site for the projects where you want us to manage hosting and delivery. Basic hosting remains $5 per hosting sites for all current subscriptions going forward for anyone on the Pro/Team (or the older Personal) plans, so you get to keep that price for all existing sites and any sites you set up hosting on before December 19th. After that, all Personal/Pro/Team account holders who had an active plan before December 19th will have a 50% discount on new hosting subscriptions created before July 1st, 2017 - and that price will last as long as your subscription remains in good standing.

We’ll let you know if you’re going over your limits and send you an email prompting you to upgrade - you will not be automatically moved to the next hosting tier if you go over once - so it’s a soft limit. If we do notice that you are regularly over your limits, we’ll ask that you upgrade to a tier that has a higher page view limit.

@UberGeekie We’re not switching to the SquareSpace model exclusively, we just wanted to give people who need just one site the flexibility to do so without having to upgrade to one of the export-enabled multi-project plans. Webflow does offer a lot more flexibility and design freedom than Squarespace, we’ll be releasing a lot more features to make our product even more compelling in the coming months. Also, don’t forget that we have a Client Billing feature that can help you set up a seamless billing experience for your clients.

1 Like

I see we can pay the hosting annually, does it mean the Client Billing will be ready for annual billing starting December 19th?

Hey @callmevlad, thanks for replying so quickly. I’m glad to hear you are not switching to the SquareSpace model totally. I have brought a fair few of my sites from there to Webflow. Also, if and when Webflow release full on commerce I’ll be bringing more over from SquareSpace too!

It’s awesome to know that you are releasing more features in the coming months, I cannot wait to see what they are. And I totally agree about the flexibility, it’s one of the main reasons I fell in love with Webflow!

Regarding the client billing, in the UK we have a system called GoCardless which is a Direct Debit collecting system. They charge only 1% per transaction capped at £2.00, so I’m only losing a very small amount on my monthly fees which in this country as a freelancer you cannot charge a lot.

1 Like

I wish there was something about “collaborators with Designer (admin) access” with this batch of changes: An overlooked aspect of pricing - "collaborators with Designer (admin) access"

This is really awesome. Thank you!

@callmevlad so the 50% discount only applies to monthly payments not annual?

What am I missing? From what I understand.

The starter plan is back with a new name and only half the number of unhosted sites as before.

And pricing for hosting is increasing 2-300% and there’s now a limit on page views.

Increasing prices is expected every now and then. But why is everyone so happy about it, what am I missing?

4 Likes

That sounds really interesting!

@jdesign Yes, that’s correct.

@danbanan The Starter plan is actually free and will remain free (we actually increased the number of private projects allowed there from 1 to 2), but I think you mean the legacy Personal plan. 99% of our Personal plan accounts didn’t have more than 10 projects, so the new Hobby plan is more in line with how people were actually using Webflow.

For hosting prices, they’re remaining the same for all of our current hosting subscribers, but we’re phasing out the large discount we previously had bundled with the Personal and Pro Plans for hosting plans set up in the future (while extending that discount in perpetuity for hosting sites set up through July 2017).

We’re also adding a lot of new features to our hosting plans (e.g. free SSL, additional collaborators, granular per-page password protection, expanded CMS capabilities, faster CDN support, etc), which are included at no extra cost. Our hosting prices have remained the same since inception, it’s just the large discount we originally extended to Personal/Pro/Team members initially (and continue to do so through July 2017 for new subscriptions) that will be phased out over time. We feel that the improvements made to our hosting platform, the additional value added to our managed hosting and CMS Editor features over the last year, the added customization benefits over higher-priced-yet-lower-featured options offered by many of our competitors are fair - especially since we’re honoring all of the pricing we’ve agreed to in the past and extending this discount offer for 7+ months in the future for any new projects you host with us. I hope that makes sense.

1 Like

That’s important information…

Yes, though keep in mind that up to this point Webflow has only had month-to-month hosting subscriptions, so this is just a continuation of the discount we have available on Personal/Pro/Team plans. I’ve updated my original post to make it clearer that this discount is only available for monthly subscriptions. Annual hosting subscriptions have their own discounts applied, and we’re investigating options to allow for bulk discounts or kickbacks/rewards for hosting more sites with Webflow that will bring down the per-site cost as you host more sites with Webflow.

5 Likes

Not true, you’re forgetting the extra $5 that Webflow "takes"for just your own custom domain name. So it’s more than SquareSpace.

@brryant, thanks for the info - can you provide a little more?

Most of our leads and customers are based in Europe so we need to ensure we are using at least one CDN in this region to serve them. The pricing chart above states CDN so I would love clarification on whether this is a single endpoint and where it is located, or whether this is a multi-CDN network with at least 2 endpoints - one in the USA and one in Europe. Maybe an update to the above chart is needed (or it may just be me being a picky picky!).

Thanks in advance.

Seriously, good luck to the new customer who is wondering about Webflow prices and is founding this forum post…!

It would be better if someone at Webflow either makes:

1. A simple static table, Excel sheet like showing the different plans with what you get or don’t get before and after December 19, if you’re an old customer or a new one…
  2. Or make a fancy Webflow page with some hovering menus and smooth animations with the different plans, with without, before or after! :slight_smile:

A lot of contradicting information.

1 Like

@callmevlad This was very clearly laid out and communicated. Thank you guys for your hard work. It’s really making developing websites fun and easy. The cap on visitors is a bummer though. Will the webflow platform alert us if our site reaches the next level?

@rafdesign What are you referring to? We don’t charge for custom domains, we just offer hosting that “links” from your custom domain provider to our hosting platform. I think there might be a misunderstanding here - can you shoot me an email (vlad@webflow.com) or PM so I can clarify?

You’re right - we’re working on a much clearer pricing page design that will have these details and will launch on December 19th. We’ll also be de-listing some outdated forum posts (e.g. those that refer to paid CMS add-ons, collaborator fees, etc) once the new pricing goes into effect.