Been trying to verify ownership of our website through Facebook and it’s asking me to upload an HTML file to the root directory. Scraping solutions for a while now and I cant seem to find the ability to upload it. Is it at all possible to upload to the root directory? It’s easy with Google coz I just have to copy and paste the code. But Facebook is another deal. I’ve put in the Pixel but it still needs me to upload this HTML file.
Since You can’t add verification files when hosting with Webflow, You will need to choose another verification method. DNS verification is a good alternative.
Hi Webdev, thanks for pointing this out. I’m also trying to verify my domain through FB, but I can’t figure out how to add the DNS TXT record they are asking me to. These are the instructions from the FB for devs:
1. Navigate to the DNS record section of your domain host.
2. Add the TXT entry to your DNS record.
3. Add @ to the Host field (if it is required by your domain host).
4. Once the changes have propagated across your domain’s web servers, click the Verify button at the bottom of the DNS Verification tab for the selected domain.
5. Note: Typically, this change takes only minutes to occur, however there are cases where it may take up to 72 hours to complete.
6. Leave the TXT entry in your DNS record as it may be checked periodically for verification purposes.
Now, the golden question here is; Where do I paste this DNS TXT code? How can I add it?
I can’t find any setting that would let me do that.
I would really appreciate it if you can point me in the right direction as this is the only way FB verifies domains and I really need it verified to unlock my FB Business account.
You need to access the DNS records at your DNS provider that your DNS registrar points to.