The pages side panel’s UI (shortcut “p”) is rather unpractical for managing folders, dozen of pages and page duplications.
Here are the issues I noticed:
Page panel’s UI:
- The page’s name (left side of top bar) is very narrow (16 characters + ellipses) and prevents to identify with precision pages with long names and suffixes. This has been particularly frustrating when managing links between pages with similar names as I couldn’t quickly verify which page I was on.
- the page’s panel is relatively narrow and prevents to read easily longer page names. It can’t be resized like the navigator panel.
- the menu doesn’t have an option to be kept in a fixed position and remain on the side of the page. This would be useful when working with folder/page hierarchy.
- A folder in the page directory can’t be moved. Drag-to-reorder doesn’t work with folders.
- If a folder is dropped inside in another folder it can’t be placed back at pages’ directory’s top level.
- Folders can’t be sorted, they appear in creation order.
- A folder and its content can’t be duplicated, only unique pages can be duplicated.
- Assigning a page to a link quickly becomes complicated when the project features many folders and many pages in each. A simple dropdown doesn’t cope well with more than a dozen options. In my opinion, the linking menu should be able to show the pages’ directory.