Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Using "editable:ice" as a custom attribute Name

Hi all,

Is there any way to use ":" in custom attributes?

Thanks in advance.
Diego

Hi @diegona, that is supported as a value in an custom attribute, but not as an attribute name. Does this help? Is this for something you are trying to setup for a CMS integration?

Regards,
Dave

Hi @cyberdave, thanks for your answer. Yes, it would make better my CMS integration workflow. This is exactly what I need:

<div ice:editable="customvalue" ice:options="bold,italic,deleted,|,link,morecustomvalues"> Text, images, etc </div>

Hi @diegona, thanks for the update. I understand, so the ice:editable is not going to work as a value, only as a Name of the attribute.

That is not supported yet, sorry about that. You would need to edit those values after export, until there is some change for this.

I have changed this post to a Wishlist item!

Excellent @cyberdave, thanks again!

It you can export your site... you could "fudge-it" a little. I fudge-it all the time.

Create 2 attributes for the element:

attribute 1: name "ice-editable" value "customvalue"

attribute 2: name "ice-options" value "bold,italic,deleted,|,link,morecustomvalues"

When exported, the code will look like this:

<div ice-editable="customvalue" ice-options="bold,italic,deleted,|,link,morecustomvalues">

Simply edit the html file, search for / locate the element, and change the dash to a semi-colon.

<div ice:editable="customvalue" ice:options="bold,italic,deleted,|,link,morecustomvalues">

It's a work-around - kind of a pia... but it works - and it gets the bulk of the custom attributes into the element with minimal modification afterwards.

@webflow it would helpful... if the application would display a warning message...
but would allow the person to enter in what they wanted / needed
- regardless if it was wrong or not

Let the designer take some of the responsibility.

Hi @Revolution! Thanks for your answer. Yes, that is just what I am currently doing here. But it is a pain when I need to change something and export it again.

And I am totally agree with you @Revolution: It would be awesome if you display a waring message but allow us to tweak attributes at our will. It could drastically improve our workflows.

Thanks all!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.