Using grid for CMS collection, starting on 2nd cell

Hey everyone,
Im trying to achieve a 4 slot (2 x 2) grid which will contain 3 links to cms collection items. I would like to use slots 2-4 for the links, and use the first slot for a H2 headline, a button etc.
Is this possible? I’ve been searching google for an answer for this but it can’t seem to find anything helpful. Any thoughts?

In the read-only link, scroll down to ‘Our Latest Articles’ Section. I would like that headline to go into slot 1, and the 3 items, to move accordingly to 2,3 and 4.

Thanks!

Here is my site Read-Only: [https://preview.webflow.com/preview/plantt-6113cdf97698f65050f3285037da9390?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=plantt-6113cdf97698f65050f3285037da9390&preview=cfdc982244001a4ad69fb355e9519d19&mode=preview][1]
([how to share your site Read-Only link][2])

hi @avisar and welcome look into grid area You can in grid create an areas an than place your element into this specific space.

Thanks @Stan! Since my grid is a dynamic list from a CMS collection, Webflow doesn’t allow me to edit areas, and is positioning the elements automatically from slot 1-3 in the grid. Can this be bypassed?

hi @avisar I thing that it is possible. This is a simplest example. Keep in mind that you can’t create areas on combo classes.

You can also create Grid from collection list. Options are there so it is up to you how you will achieve your design. :wink:

Amazing, thanks so much for your help!

1 Like

hi @avisar here another approach.

if your request was solved feel free to close it.

This is more or less what I used to achieve what I wanted.
Thanks again for your help :raised_hands: