Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Using multi-references to create tags

Hey everyone,

I’m want to create a job board and it would be great if I could add requirement tags to the job’s card like in the image below:

ApplicationFrameHost_2018-09-08_22-28-27

I’m trying to achieve this by creating a CMS Collection (Tags) containing only a plain text and linking it to my main CMS Collection (Jobs). I would then enter each tag manually as a CMS element into Tags.

But when I add a text block and try to link to my CMS List linked to Jobs, I there is not multi-reference to select. What am I missing out?

Here is my public share link: LINK

Hi @Luciano-Infanti

Can you share your read-only link so we can see the settings/setup and better advise you :slightly_smiling_face:

Done! Sorry for my lack of attention.

Hi @Luciano-Infanti

No problem, thanks for updating :slightly_smiling_face:

There is a limitation at the moment with binding tags via multi-reference on ‘static’ pages, this post goes into it in more detail with a video from @cyberdave

If you need to use a static page, a current workaround (depending on how many tags you will ultimately need) is to use switches:

• So, add a switch field for each tag in the ‘Jobs’ collection, Invision, Webflow etc
  • Then manually add/style a text block for each ‘tag’ within the collection item/list on page
  • Then use conditional visibility on each tag to only show ‘when x switch is on’

Hope that makes sense!

There is a wishlist item for nested collections, be sure to add your thoughts/votes there too:

https://wishlist.webflow.com/ideas/WEBFLOW-I-15

Hey @StuM, thanks for your help!

I don’t think this is something doable since I would probably need like 50+ tags. Maybe I could display only very important tags or something like that. I’ll work on that. As Hawking once said: intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.

I voted and I’m pretty sure Webflow’s team will work on that soon, they are great :smile:

Hi @Luciano-Infanti

Kyle, one of Webflow’s product managers has posted a response to a similar thread here, gives more context on the complexities: