Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Vertical height % does nothing?

I seem to be struggling with very basic things and I can't find answers to my questions. Vertical height specified as a % appears to do nothing at all. The only way I found to make a div with no content be the size I want is by specifying pixel dimensions yet this is obviously not good for a responsive site.
Is there somewhere where I can find basic information about this kind of thing? I seem to be going round in circles trying all the settings yet most of them do absolutely nothing.

Hey @Mowgli

% are relative so you need to set the height of the parent element. In this case the body needs to be set to 100% befor any other height %s will work

Hope this helps

Alex

Thanks, that seemed to work but it opens up a series of problems when it comes to responsiveness. Is there no way of specifying relative vertical sizes?

What is the specific problem with reaposiveness?

If I have to specify a pixel height for a parent container, the container won't grow taller to acommodate its content as it becomes narrower

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.