Very poor ' FREE ' plan option

Simply keep the website unpublished until the user chooses a paid plan.

2 Likes

Hopefully that become impossible sooner or later (the scraping).

Problem with paying when you publish even to a webflow.io is a lot of people freelancers etc, show these as works they have done or previews.
You can but 1 month at a time rather than pay full whack.
So for you, create 2 pages then when 3rd appears pay one month and create upto 100 and so on.

Think of it like you’re using their software to create something. Like you pay monthly subscription to use Adobe products. This, in many ways, is no different. You want to build a fully fledged website with the best web building tool on the market and also with cms functionality, ssl certification, API access whilst taking up server space in the same domain. And you want to get all of that for free? Imagine how crazy that sounds. You pay for what you get… isn’t that how life should be? If you want to get something for free… there are lots of web tools you get for free but if you ask yourself why youre back in webflow, it would be obviously because the free options make your life a living hell. If you can’t pay an account plan £16 a month… (less than a regular phone contract in the UK) then maybe webflow isnt for you and you should go to free web tools and ask them to add more features.

1 Like

Good for you, but that doesn’t excuse the tone. People can have an opinion without being stubborn or unrealistic.

What the well with the “I don’t pay until I finished working” stance? How the duck is it working in a real world? So if your site takes 10 months to develop, or even just two, you’re entitled to use server power and hosting for dangling free?

You and your Thomas friend look quite bad from the very beginning of this thread but you won’t get any of what’s proposed to you, you stick to it, demanding like a Karen.

I am amazed by the train of thoughts. Not only you’re going nowhere with the ideas, but you won’t get anywhere in life with the tone and attitude, sir.

Each of your stance is a pain to read.

3 Likes

Very good understanding of how web tech works here. That explains a lot of you not being able to grasp the simplest concept of having to pay when you are actively using a service.

Huge waste of everybody’s time.

1 Like

Who are you to try to teach people with reasonable, logic arguments that most people are taking for granted? Haha.

Very much appreciating the effort but it is possible that all efforts are vain.

2 Likes

Great job on this thread Veronica! :clap::clap: Keep it up.

1 Like

Well, to be honest there are solutions that work like that. OP even mentioned some examples - like that bubble.io app that I do not have experience with. New apps will try to be competitive and may well provide such a model.

It’s just at this point Webflow is not a newcomer, it is a powerful tool.

Ok @Veronica no attitude or rudeness was intended. I’m very sorry if you feel that way. Also I don’t know @EricD . And am not his “friend”. Also I only participated because I don’t personally like the page limit. I don’t agree with the way Eric stated his points, more the content. Now I am not a very technical user of Webflow (as in I’m not utilising all of the complicated and fantastic elements.) I use it for the creative freedom, and this may be why the page limit is more ok with others who use it technically as I now understand there are lots of elements that are free that aren’t free in things like wix, wordpress etc. I’m sorry you think my train of thoughts is entitled and messed up, but hopefully you understand my though process more.

Yes I see where you are coming from, so many people use it for such a diverse amount of things I guess it can’t be completely perfect and free at the same time for everyone. For some people this is a great tool even at the free version. For me, there are some free element I would trade for the page limit, but then this would not be good for others.

Just a hint - if you are building a simple enough site and want to stay on a free plan a bit longer you could just dump all pages content on your main page, wrapping them in separate divs. Obviously complex projects will only become cumbersome, but if all you want is five pages instead of two this could totally work.

4 Likes

Thanks so much, this has solved my issue.

1 Like

The solution is to ditch Webflow completely, and go with OxygenBuilder for wordpress or similar. O2 in particular chucks the WP interface completely and replaces it with a much friendlier and more powerful interface than Webflow presents. Plus, you pay a nominal fee ONCE and use it on as many sites as you want, including the free WP hosting option.

I don’t think “ditch Webflow and go back to WordPress” is the best one here as most people ran away from WP in the first place :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah, and I was one of them. But things have changed. Webflow’s design sucks eggs, and it’s way overpriced and purely money-driven. Go have a look at Oxygen on Wordpress. It’s a whole new world. I’ll be deleting my webflow teaser account soon enough.

@radrave - you’ve posted twice since creating a forum account - both times were to promote Oxygen. Seems like you have an ulterior motive.

And as @dram said there are many people that have left the nightmare that is WordPress to come to Webflow. It’s not perfect (neither is WP), but it’s getting better / more robust over time and does offer a lot of advantages over WordPress.

Repeating the same old marketing lines is getting really old. It’s Webflow that is a buggy, badly designed nightmare, and a very, very expensive one to boot. You really should try Oxygen, which completely removes many of the issues folks had with WP. And it’s very, very affordable, meaning the profit goes more to the developer/designer than it does to Webflow marketing execs.

Wait… so this is concerning the limitations of something offered for free?

:no_mouth:

3 Likes

I mean your posts really feel weird with all the oxygen promotion but just for the sake of this argument…

A little, yes. Nothing that was ever a dealbreaker for me personally, and I am using it since 2015 or so.

this is just not true. You could argue about this or that design decision but it is quite far from “nightmare”

Unless you are talking corporate level tier prices which is indeed super expensive (and being a corporate entity this never matters anyway) it is not “very” expensive. You could easily work with PRO plan account for like $35 a month. And for a tool that generates income being your main instrument it is not too much at all. Heck, you could even make do with Lite account for 16 a month, asking your clients to create their own accounts to store their projects where you will work on them which they will likely do anyway.

OK, I went to read a bit about the Oxygen. Well, it has pros and contras just like any other tool, costs $100 (allegedly as a promo price with increase in the future) so… can’t say it is some miraculous cure for any issue anyone may have with WF.