Video embed widget

Trying to use the video embed widget for a vid sitting on my server, but webflow retruns ‘invalid video embed:link’ when typing in the url of the video in the Video Settings. This is just for a client prototype. I realize I’ll need to have a proper video player in place for the final.

Any ideas on a simple show?

Actually, my hosting does play the video, but only when I directly put the url into the browser. I still cannot add the url to webflow. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Ok, the URL widget is only for Youtube and Vimeo videos, so they require a Youtube or Vimeo URL of a video that is not private (public or unlisted will do).

So you have two options: put your video on either youtube or vimeo, or use the HTML widget with custom code to add an HTML5 video. it’s more complicated, as you need to make 3 versions of your video to address all browsers and mobile browsers: MP4, OGG and Webm. You also have to declare a cover image.

You can search for HTML5 video on this forum or on google to get the code you need and infos about how to compress a video for todays’ web. I recommend Youtube if you can, it’s free and so simple to use.

Hi Kirk, you might want to check out this tutorial: [Tutorial] How to add a Custom HTML5 Background Video - Webflow Tips - Forum | Webflow

I would create the site, follow the tutorial and then if you need help, let us know :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.