View modes (i.e. X-Ray) removed?

Not strictly a bug, so apologies if this bugs someone (pun intended!)

Am I going mad, or have the different view modes (i.e. X-Ray mode, which I rely heavily on!) been moved? They used to live in the bottom left, but appear to have been removed, and I cannot find where they are now.

Thanks in advance if someone can point out the error of my ways!

1 Like

Can confirm they’re gone:

They seem to have also removed the “hide empty elements” which is essential for people that work with grids with a lot of columns

1 Like

@Jeandcc this is less than ideal! Thanks for confirming that it wasn’t just me going crazy though.

Hopefully they’re not totally removed, simply moved to a place we haven’t found yet. I relied on X-Ray heavily to find rogue padding/margins that I forgot about!

2 Likes

It seems like they just rolled out the beta for a few features…that change might have come in the same package.

Let’s see if any of the staff knows what’s up

@Jeandcc I’ve just submitted a bug report via the Designer as well, just to ensure it’s making it into their workflow.

1 Like

@Andy_Vaughan, can you try the shortcuts to see if they take care of your needs?

3 Likes

Take a look at this, new beta

https://discourse.webflow.com/t/beta-feedback-audit-panel/145940/3

1 Like

@Jeandcc You beautiful person, that was exactly what I needed! Is this a whole help menu that I’ve somehow missed? :rofl:

hahaha @Andy_Vaughan, go over to the “?” at the bottom of your screen , and you’ll find the available shortcuts

1 Like

Thanks for that @JanneWassberg, I hadn’t seen that. Strikes me as odd that they’re removed all GUI options for these views - the bottom left of the Designer wasn’t exactly cluttered!

@Jeandcc well damn. Learning has occured!

1 Like

Right next to the CSS Preview, which I’ve been using loads this week :rofl: :rofl: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Hey all - these features aren’t gone from the UI, they’ve just moved. Sorry for catching you off guard!

This change is part of the rollout of the Audit panel (in beta) which you can read more about in the linked forum post. Here’s a quick screenshot below of the before/after for these settings:

|625.0666666666666x391
Canvas setting controls: before and after.

3 Likes

@brjohnson thanks so much for clarifying that! Great to see that they haven’t been removed. Really appreciate you taking the time to drop that in, it helps me out a lot!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.