Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Webflow - Adding User Accounts & Social Network Platform Capabilities?

Hi,

New Webflow user here - love the platform but trying to figure out how to

1. allow users to log in and create accounts / profiles (is there another option besides Firebase as the integration is not working for me)

2. allowing the users to interact with each other online (similar to a social platform)

Many thanks!

1 Like

@BK_Webflow welcome to the forum!

1. you’ll have to use something like memberstack (https://www.memberstack.io/). There are several tutorials out there on how to connect webflow and memberstack for log-in and account functionality.

2. :thinking: I’m not sure what the best solution would be here. Would you want that to be behind the log-in? I’m thinking something like discourse could work but I haven’t tried that myself.

1 Like

If @sarahfrison’s suggestion of using a Discourse forum is what you need for the social side of it, let me know as I’ve recently got a Discourse forum running on a subdomain of a Webflow site that I made (forum.mydomain.com) using a DigitalOcean Droplet. I found a number of community resources that helped me do that and will be more than happy to share them here.

1 Like

Thank you Sarah. Both answers very helpful and echoed below.

Another question, would you by chance know if there is a ‘list functionality’ integration within webflow where users can create lists within the platform?

1 Like

Yes that would be great! Community resources would be super helpful.

1 Like

Here you are bud, these are all the links I have bookmarked. I’m afraid I’m just about to get to bed after a long day - but if you get stuck, let me know and I’ll try and help when I have a moment. This took me a few hours of playing around but I finally got there.

DISCOURSE INSTALLATION ONTO DIGITALOCEAN DROPLET:

MAILGUN IMPLEMENTATION:

These are all the links that helped me successfully set up a Discourse forum on my site (forum.domainname.com). The first two links are how I actually set it up, the last three links are how I got the forum email running on the same subdomain (noreply@forum.domainname.com).

Here’s an affiliate link (which I hope is allowed on here - apologies to mods if not) which will get you $100 Credit (valid for 60 days) - https://m.do.co/c/d39fd5511502

Let me know how you get on!

2 Likes

@BK_Webflow happy to hear Andy was able to help out. What exactly would you expect people to do with the list? I might be missing something here. The only built-in submission option at the moment is the form block. People can submit pretty much exactly anything, not sure about list formats :thinking:

1 Like

@BK_Webflow I’ve just written a full walkthrough in how to set up a Discourse forum. I hope you find it useful.

1 Like