Webflow - Adding User Accounts & Social Network Platform Capabilities?

Hi,

New Webflow user here - love the platform but trying to figure out how to

1. allow users to log in and create accounts / profiles (is there another option besides Firebase as the integration is not working for me)

2. allowing the users to interact with each other online (similar to a social platform)

Many thanks!

1 Like

@BK_Webflow welcome to the forum!

1. you’ll have to use something like memberstack (https://www.memberstack.io/). There are several tutorials out there on how to connect webflow and memberstack for log-in and account functionality.

2. :thinking: I’m not sure what the best solution would be here. Would you want that to be behind the log-in? I’m thinking something like discourse could work but I haven’t tried that myself.

1 Like

If @sarahfrison’s suggestion of using a Discourse forum is what you need for the social side of it, let me know as I’ve recently got a Discourse forum running on a subdomain of a Webflow site that I made (forum.mydomain.com) using a DigitalOcean Droplet. I found a number of community resources that helped me do that and will be more than happy to share them here.

1 Like

Thank you Sarah. Both answers very helpful and echoed below.

Another question, would you by chance know if there is a ‘list functionality’ integration within webflow where users can create lists within the platform?

1 Like

Yes that would be great! Community resources would be super helpful.

1 Like

Here you are bud, these are all the links I have bookmarked. I’m afraid I’m just about to get to bed after a long day - but if you get stuck, let me know and I’ll try and help when I have a moment. This took me a few hours of playing around but I finally got there.

DISCOURSE INSTALLATION ONTO DIGITALOCEAN DROPLET:

MAILGUN IMPLEMENTATION:

These are all the links that helped me successfully set up a Discourse forum on my site (forum.domainname.com). The first two links are how I actually set it up, the last three links are how I got the forum email running on the same subdomain (noreply@forum.domainname.com).

Here’s an affiliate link (which I hope is allowed on here - apologies to mods if not) which will get you $100 Credit (valid for 60 days) - DigitalOcean – The developer cloud

Let me know how you get on!

2 Likes

@BK_Webflow happy to hear Andy was able to help out. What exactly would you expect people to do with the list? I might be missing something here. The only built-in submission option at the moment is the form block. People can submit pretty much exactly anything, not sure about list formats :thinking:

1 Like

@BK_Webflow I’ve just written a full walkthrough in how to set up a Discourse forum. I hope you find it useful.

1 Like

Hello Andy, I would love to know more how you integrated Discourse in Webflow. What I’d love to figure out is to have a single sign on with a Memberstack that would also unlock Discourse (unavailable to public).

1 Like

Hi @sophspages,

Unfortunately this isn’t an available feature yet. According to the Memberstack support forum, SSO with Discourse is on their product roadmap but with no firm ETA. Even on the official forum (which is Discourse itself) you have to have a separate account to your actual Memberstack credentials.

1 Like