Webflow Backend Question

Hi.

For the first few months of services, I was using webflow as a WSIWYG creator to make sites, and then I’d go and export the code and FTP the code to my own privately backend by hand. I’ve now decided it’s easier for me to pay the highest monthly fee and have webflow host the sites for me. I would be using the same domain name for the webflow-hosted site as I was for the old sites. However, I don’t want to go back and recreate the previous sites I made in the new project.

Is there I way I can get in to the new webflow backend file structure and place a folder of old project sites? Or I would have to host them on an entirely new domain and just link offsite to my older server (which would be a bummer)?

@joe Webflow does not have an “import” tool. For the sites you’re already hosting on another server, you’ll either need to recreate them inside of Webflow or just leave them there. Then, for all your other sites moving forward, keep them in Webflow.

Hi, thanks for the reply!

OK, that makes sense. Let me just drill down a little further So if I have subsites A,B and C on XYZ.com, and then I want to use XYZ.com as the url of my new webflow hosted site. Are you saying there’s no way I can do subsites D, E and F on XYZ.com and have my old links to AB and C still work?

Does that make any sense at all?

And one more question (sorry!). If I have other projects created in webflow, can I combine them into one project, and have them all use XYZ.com? Or is it one domain per project?

So if I have subsites A,B and C on XYZ.com, and then I want to use XYZ.com as the url of my new webflow hosted site. Are you saying there’s no way I can do subsites D, E and F on XYZ.com and have my old links to AB and C still work?

I’m confused by this question. Sorry. :worried: Can you rephrase the question?

And one more question (sorry!). If I have other projects created in webflow, can I combine them into one project, and have them all use XYZ.com? Or is it one domain per project?

It’s one domain per project.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.