Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Webflow Designer not showing different font weights

Hi there,

My developer is building a site in Webflow from a Figma design. The font we’re using is EB Garamond, from Google Fonts. However, the other options for the font weight are not showing up in the designer - they’re greyed out. I want to experiment with a thinner font weight because the current weight is a bit too thick.

I’ve tried to upload my own custom font with a thinner weight option, but when I select it the font weight doesn’t change - it remains the same for the body text.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Here is my site Read-Only: https://res-publica.webflow.io/([how to share your site Read-Only link][2

I got the same problem!

Did you guys add additional font weights after initially adding the font? Is the font shown multiple times on the project settings (Dashboard)?

I found that to be a problem.

If that’s the case, try delete the font in the project settings completely and add it again, but make sure you are adding both font weights at once.

Eventually, you should have one entry for your font with all font weights in if. If that makes any sense.

Don’t worry about having to apply the fonts to your text elements again. As soon as you readd the font, elements you have set the font for are going to have it applied.

1 Like

Thanks ChrisT! Worked for me - I should have searched here hours ago…

I’m glad it helped! :webflow_heart: