Webflow form to Sendy.co using HTTP POST

Hello all, I’m trying to send my form submissions to a Sendy.co list using the action field and POST setting in the form settings. I’ve gotten this to work with Mailchimp, but would love to get it working with Sendy. Should I be putting a link to the php script in the action field? Their API can be seen here… Sendy API

Hi, this integration should work in Webflow (although I have not integrated it yet, looking at their docs, everything seems ok).

Just create form fields with names that are the same as the POST parameters in their documentation. Then set your action url to the url for your sendy installation:

http://your_sendy_installation/subscribe

It should work, but you may have to play around with it a bit… if you get stuck, reach back out on the forum, and see someone can probably help you… this is not a too difficult integration as it appears they have a friendly api.

Hopefully that helps… cheers !

1 Like

Thanks for the help, Dave. It’s still not working though. Somehow I have to set the list ID. In their API example they have a php file with all the parameters in it. I THINK that should be part of what Webflow uses to post the form data to Sendy. Any ideas?

Hi, that PHP form is using very basic post field references. I you have the Action of your form set to the correct url of the subscribe.php file, and that installation of sendy is setup on that server correctly, then any submit on the form should go to sendy. Make sure your field names match the variables that are being used in the subscribe.php file.

How are you currently hosting the sendy files? Normally we only support Webflow forms and help out with different integrations, but I am by no means an expert with Sendy. I think however, if other things are correctly setup, it should work.

If you have a site URL for me to look at in Webflow, I can look how you have your form setup.

Thanks for the help, Dave. Below is a public link to the site I’m working on.

https://webflow.com/design/stop-the-buffering?preview=2b4a300b03eb4f06bc06d541463bb5e2

Hi, try this, first, navigate to your form, and add an HTML embed widget, after the button, but within the form wrapper:

Next paste in the following code to the html embed widget:

<input type="hidden" name="list" value="list-hash-id"/>
<input type="hidden" name="boolean" value="true"/>

Replace list-hash-id with the hashed list ID that you get from Sendy, that points to the email list that user will be subscribing to.

Make sure your page is saved and then republish your site. Test again to see if that corrects the issue. I think you were just missing these extra hidden form fields. To add those hidden fields, we need to use the embed widget at the moment.

I hope that works, let us know. Cheers, Dave

Dave! You are the man! The form is working, but it broke the success page redirect. Been working on that to no avail. Seriously, I owe you a beer, or 5.

Great, glad to hear that it is working better now. However for the success page redirect, you might check if there is any documentation on this from Sendy, because the success page redirect in Webflow, only works after the form has been submitted with data saved in Webflow.

You may have to add in some kind of additional JavaScript code, perhaps there is some examples from Sendy that you could look at. Anyway, the main thing is that you get the data saving properly. Always glad to help!

Cheers!!

Any update with this redirect issue?
I am having the same issue, and I can find a solution to have someone redirected to a “success page”. The form us posting the data, but the redirect is not working in sendy or webflow. Any bright ideas?

I did figure it out but it’s been a while and I can’t remember off the top of my head. I believe we had to update something in the Sendy php code.

Hi Jason, Could share the site read-only link: Share a read-only link | Webflow University, I am happy to take a look and find out what’s happening :slight_smile:

Hey @Jason_Katsoris, I just redid this on a new site. Had to update things since I updated Sendy and my old PHP adjustments didn’t work anymore. Here’s what I did…

• Get the Sendy contact form embed code
  • Make a form in Webflow and save those div/class names
  • Update the Sendy embed code with your div/class names from Webflow
  • Embed the form in Webflow with the HTML embed feature
  • Make a success page
  • Update the success page redirect in Sendy to your Webflow success page.

Works great!

Thank you @md673!
Sendy has now paired up with Zapier! Saving me a huge hassle with this problem now!