Webflow form with rich text

I want to let people send a job advert via my website. I will then send this data back to webflow (using zapier).

Can i submit rich text (bullet points, paragraphs only) in a form?

1 Like

The Webflow Rich Text element is not an input field so It can’t capture data within a form. That said, It should be possible to use custom code, a textarea editor like Textarea Editor | Modes - Froala to have an “Editable” input field.

$200+ for such a small feature - not sure they will go for it. Thanks though

There are open source alternatives if you do some research.

1 Like

I have quillJS working - looks perfect but the text doesnt go into the form. Dont suppose you know if there is a simple solution to that?

No way to use rich-text inside a form.

Even if you succeed somehow (by code - use div for example) If a user writes hello world the form submission will be simple string <p>Hello World</p>.

Related: Quill Js not working inside a form. · Issue #1694 · quilljs/quill · GitHub

Quill works - I needed some custom code to put the html into a text area but the form submits fine and lands in the webflow CMS as expected. Pasting into the quill rich text doesnt look great (manageable though!).

I am current investigating GitHub - basecamp/trix: A rich text editor for everyday writing - its much easier to set up but at the moment it wont work unless there is a link submitted inside the rich text. Webflow thinks the toolbar feilds are inputs weirdly. I will keep going and report back with the best solution (if someone doesnt beat me to it!)

@DrNinjamonkey Hi dude, did you succeed with Trix? Thanks.

Hello all! I was recently building a site for a client which required a RTE and tried Quill.JS but wasn’t happy with the end product. I since discovered this beauty, check it out

https://webflow.com/website/Rich-Text-Editor-For-WEBFLOW

1 Like

@DrNinjamonkey what’s the custom code to get the content of the Quill div into a text area? Something that remembers the formatting too?

This sounds amazing. Are you able to share the steps to get this to work?