- User login and membership functionality - 5226 votes, been in backlog for 3 years
- Multi language sites and CMS fields - 3920 votes, backlogged for 3 years
- Real-time filtering/sorting on website - 1841 votes, backlogged for 3 years
- Nested collection lists - 1756 votes, in planning for 3 years
- CMS slider - 1445 votes, backlogged for 3 years
- Table support - 939 votes, backlogged for 3 years
- Different emails for different forms - 922 votes, backlogged for 3 years
- Custom order for collection itesm - 677 votes, no update from anyone at webflow for 3 years
- Real time collaborating - no update from anyone at webflow for 3 years
I think you guys get the point.
There’s no nice way to say it, your development team moves at snails pace.
Basic things like supporting tables… you can’t tell me that honestly takes 3 YEARS to plan out?
You guys need to step it up, plain and simple.
No, this is not me saying that anything that is on the wishlist should be made by Webflow. It’s asking you to actually respond to what the community is saying (which can be by implementing these features, or simply by acknowledging them - the most popular items I am referring to, not every single request. “Thanks, we plan on adding this to Webflow within the next 18-24 months” OR “Unfortunately we are working on some other features at the moment, and this request will be backlogged for at least 18-24 months”).
How much better is just that 1 simple thing? Taking 2 seconds to update the community, instead of leaving things backlogged for years with no update.