Webflow is suddenly very laggy

Since yesterday afternoon Webflow has become extremely laggy. It all started when I duplicated a page with only some tabs on it. Since then switching preview on and off takes up to 30 seconds, often the preview page is unresponsive (no rollovers work, no interactions work. Sometimes on load interactions never happen. Also switching pages takes a very long time. Any idea what could be the cause?

EDIT:
It’s got to the point where there’s always at least a 30second lag between pressing preview and being able to interact with the page. Interactions are not working consistently, some that where working absolutely fine are now very erratic and unreliable. It’s also started crashing Chrome. I’ve now deleted the duplicate page to test and the problems are still there.

Could you provide a read-only link of your website? It will be more easy for others to tell what’s happening.

Here is how: - YouTube

Also, did you try webflow in other browsers such as Firefox/Safari?

Here’s the link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/rs-2015-fix?preview=f357c94e17bf817245a5ea2179258fc2

I’ve done a quick test with safari and it appears ok although as I say it has been a very quick test.
EDIT:
Safari brings a whole new world of bugs into play, I can’t set an active tab in the editor so I can’t even edit the content in my tabs!

Everything works really swift on my end. Maybe clear the cache etc from Chrome? Or if that doesn’t work re-install it?

Edit: I’m using Chrome

As I’ve said I’m also having problems with Safari

Yeah but those are other bugs right? It’s not lagging in Safari? It worked well when i used Chrome so i don’t particularly think that it’s a webflow bug.

And suddenly it all appears to be ok again. I’m not sure whether to be relieved or scared as I haven’t figured out the cause!

Very strange but at least it’s working :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.