Webflow is using a lot of memory in Chrome

Dear Webflow.
Not a long time ago you’ve started to leak as hell and stuck my work.

Is fix on the way?

**ADMIN NOTE:** Topic renamed to reflect the issue at hand.

Count your lucky stars.

In all seriousness, though, I have noticed the same thing happen specifically when I am using video backgrounds.

Main problem is that I get from cold start to attach pic in 10 minutes.

Maybe my project now is too complex for webflow and I should move on. Dunno.

Post a read-only link and I’d be happy to take a look at it.

What machine are you running this on? How much memory?

Sorry, I’m afraid I can’t do that 'cause of corporate rules.

I have Macbook Pro Retina with 16GB.

Hi @Tasha_Orbita thank you so much for reaching out! Can you please send me a note with more information on the site you’re experiencing this issue with since you’re not able to share more information here?

Thanks in advance! :bowing_man:

I’m not sure if this is a Webflow or Chrome issue.

I’ve noticed some problems with Webflow in the past month or so…
but Chrome has always max’d out resources
especially if you have video or a lot of tabs.

Your computer needs more ram. It’s not a Webflow issue.

Based upon his screenshot it doesn’t look like he’s doing a whole lot. If Webflow is killing a browser tab on a machine with 16GB of memory (not enough? dude…), then it’s an issue of Webflow not playing nicely with the browser.

As far as I can see it happens on chrome-based browsers while Safari is pretty fine with it. It also happens in Incognito Mode. The project has a lot of styles and elements, no videos, no tabs, no voodoo magic things.

Chrome is a known memory hog.

If it works in Safari, is there a pitfall to just using Safari? It would come with the added benefit of the fact that you would be using the buggiest current browser (Safari is the new IE), so you would be immediately aware of broken flexboxes and stuff like that.

Safari is a lie :slight_smile:

Not sure if it’s webflow or chrome, but I have to quit and restart chrome 4-6 times a day because there are times where click responses take 3+ seconds… When I notice this I save a back up which takes just as long to save. I have the same CPU as OP.

Would be great to know if it’s WF or Chrome. Either way, I’d like to fix this issue as I’m inside the designer everyday.

Anyone have any tips?

same here.

My issue is mainly the number of tabs I have open.
Often times… 30 to 40 ??? (yes, I know…)
So I installed an extension called OneTab.
Click it - and all open windows consolidate into 1 window with links…
and all the open windows - close. Thus saving memory.

1 Like

OneTab is gonna change my life-! thank you for sharing about that!!

I’m having the same issue. When I load fresh into the designer, everything reacts really snappy and fast. The longer I work though, the more sluggish and slow the reaction of the designer gets.

I have 16gb of ram and not much else open. The website I’m working is rather complex in the number of styles I need to use. Sadly I can’t share the project here publicly either. I’ll put in a support ticket with a read-only link for the webflow support team to have a look at it.

Hey, check this one out as well:

1 Like

I use Toby, Pocket, and OneTab all the time

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.