Webflow Pages Plugin: Updating WordPress with New Collection and Page Made in Webflow

@John_McGinnis - My apologies for the slow response.

Yes - As you update in Webflow, you can have the changes appear on your WordPress site for pages that are mapped. I didn’t encounter a need to remap.

Example using the “Style Guide” page that comes with Webflow created templates:

Top shows a screenshot taken from a WordPress site. Bottom shows same page after making a few quick mods in Webflow.

I haven’t used this arrangement extensively, but it seems to work if you are looking to map pages and not dynamic content. I did need to publish the Webflow site to obtain the changes, but then unpublished after my WordPress site had the latest content.

A use case for this set-up that comes to mind: Quickly building out landing pages and updating them.

Depending on what you are looking to do, this approach may or may not work for you.

Another option: I’ve also experimented a bit with products offered by Udesly and PineGrow that take designs created in Webflow and makes it possible to transform them into WordPress themes. I’m really liking my results thus far using PineGrow. You create your design in Webflow, export the HTML, import the HTML into their software and then specify by element what data should display. It’s allowing me to create designs for my custom post types easily. You then export the design and add to your WordPress site and activate the theme. When you make changes in Webflow to the design, you export and re-import. As long as you didn’t delete an item that was previously tagged, PineGrow remembers mappings so you are not starting from scratch.

1 Like