Hi all, thank you for your patience. We are all-hands-on-deck to investigate and deal with these issues, and need your help to resolve them. A few immediate updates:
- We’re pushing a fix for several copy-paste issues as we speak (ETA 15 minutes)
- We’re pushing a fix for the double-session error. We decided to revert this back to previous behavior where we don’t try to detect multiple browser windows, while we investigate exactly what might be happening. In the case that you do have the same project open in multiple windows though, make sure to refresh the Designer before continuing work after switching tabs - this will make sure that you’re starting with the most up-to-date version of the current page you’re editing.
As @Waldo alluded to earlier, we’re also making lasting changes to broadly increase the stability and performance of Webflow, including:
- Creating a dedicated Stabilization team (currently 3 engineers) to address bugs and stability issues
- Creating a dedicated Performance team (currently 1 engineer full-time, with one more joining next week, and budget approved to hire one more in mid-March). This team’s mission is to turn Webflow into a high-performance design and development tool. The work of this team will lead to much better performance, especially on large projects.
Now for the we-need-your help part. Since there are quite a few different issues in this thread and it’s getting quite hard to track and follow up, can you please:
- Create a new post with each specific issue you’re seeing along with reproduction steps (e.g. “On SiteX, using BrowserY, the Designer won’t let me select ElementZ on PageW”)
- Ideally, include a read-only link to your project and mention which page it’s happening on (if you can’t share the read-only link on the forum, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org privately and we’ll investigate there)
- Include your OS and Browser version
- Before submitting, search the forum (just recent front page is fine) for similar issues, and post in that thread if your issue seems identical to what is being reported. Please don’t respond to existing issues with “I’m also seeing A-Different-Bug” to help us keep the posts focused.
That will really help us identify, fix, and deploy fixes faster - as well as keep everyone in the loop. Thank you!
For now, I’m going to lock this post to encourage posts being created so we can tackle each issue individually.
Finally, thank you so much for your patience as we tackle this. We know that these performance issues and bugs are disruptive to your workflows, and we’re addressing them as the highest priority.